GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PS3 Fight Night Round 3"

The "Retro Game Reviews" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Fight Night Round 3'.
Tue 03/07/07 at 16:45
Regular
PS3 Fight Night Round 3
Genre : Boxing
Players : 1-2
Network Play : Yes
Network Players : 2
Release Date : OUT NOW
Publisher : Ea Games
Rating : 16+

Fight Night Round 3 make it debut as one of the launch title's for the PS3 console, being released on the 23rd March 2007, i was sure to get this the day i got my PS3.
The first thing i noticed when trying this was the disk sounds like it's going to take off, its something to do with the disk loading, after that i tryed just a quick match and the first thing i noticed was the excellent graphics you could hardly tell the difference between live on the television.

The music,ring master,to the cuts on the face look very life like and i was amazed how good this looked after a few minutes of play, the gameplay is very good to, you can block shots and cover your face, you can work to the head and body and really get that crucial shot in, to lay him to the canvas.

I have to admit this is a game to get for any Boxing/Sporting fan, the graphics on this game definatly shows you what the PS3 is capable of producing, the graphics looks life like and evan the entrance's seem real, Fight Night is also out on the XBOX 360,PSP, Etc. The graphics are very impressive you can sit there and play this game and actually feel like you can feel a body shot, and an illegal blow really shows you how dodgy a boxer can be, there is blood in the game and this is well shown when you get hit around the eye,nose,mouth, and when the bell sounds you have 20 seconds to get him sorted out before the bell sounds for the next round, Like i said this version does seem impressive, you can even see the boxer's sweat dripping from there body, and you can notice there muscles and veins which really get's you wanting to play more

There is a new game modes featured on this PS3 version and they include a Get in The Ring Mode , Basically this allows you the gamer to experience the fight through the eyes of the boxer. This is the closest a gamer will ever come to getting into the ring and trading blows with the greatest boxers of all time.

You can also play split screen with a friend or online both are equally impressive, you just choose either ranked or unranked match and it will automatically asign you with another player, you can then choose your boxer and then it goes to the loading screen and then before you know it the match is underway. There is no lag what so ever in the game but the online mode is harder than playing against the computer but its really fun and get's you coming back to play more.

The career mode is quite challenging you start at the very bottom and as you win bouts the harder the fighter will be, you can compete for belts, win more money so you can buy and add aditional item's to your boxer.
I dont really think there are any downsides to this game, apart from there isnt many boxers, where is Amir Kahn,Joe Clazaghe? but maybe one day they might release an update with new boxers for you to play as.

Graphics: 10/10
Sound: 8/10
Gameplay: 9/10
Online/multiplayer: 8/10
Lifespan: 8/10
88%
There have been no replies to this thread yet.
Tue 03/07/07 at 16:45
Regular
PS3 Fight Night Round 3
Genre : Boxing
Players : 1-2
Network Play : Yes
Network Players : 2
Release Date : OUT NOW
Publisher : Ea Games
Rating : 16+

Fight Night Round 3 make it debut as one of the launch title's for the PS3 console, being released on the 23rd March 2007, i was sure to get this the day i got my PS3.
The first thing i noticed when trying this was the disk sounds like it's going to take off, its something to do with the disk loading, after that i tryed just a quick match and the first thing i noticed was the excellent graphics you could hardly tell the difference between live on the television.

The music,ring master,to the cuts on the face look very life like and i was amazed how good this looked after a few minutes of play, the gameplay is very good to, you can block shots and cover your face, you can work to the head and body and really get that crucial shot in, to lay him to the canvas.

I have to admit this is a game to get for any Boxing/Sporting fan, the graphics on this game definatly shows you what the PS3 is capable of producing, the graphics looks life like and evan the entrance's seem real, Fight Night is also out on the XBOX 360,PSP, Etc. The graphics are very impressive you can sit there and play this game and actually feel like you can feel a body shot, and an illegal blow really shows you how dodgy a boxer can be, there is blood in the game and this is well shown when you get hit around the eye,nose,mouth, and when the bell sounds you have 20 seconds to get him sorted out before the bell sounds for the next round, Like i said this version does seem impressive, you can even see the boxer's sweat dripping from there body, and you can notice there muscles and veins which really get's you wanting to play more

There is a new game modes featured on this PS3 version and they include a Get in The Ring Mode , Basically this allows you the gamer to experience the fight through the eyes of the boxer. This is the closest a gamer will ever come to getting into the ring and trading blows with the greatest boxers of all time.

You can also play split screen with a friend or online both are equally impressive, you just choose either ranked or unranked match and it will automatically asign you with another player, you can then choose your boxer and then it goes to the loading screen and then before you know it the match is underway. There is no lag what so ever in the game but the online mode is harder than playing against the computer but its really fun and get's you coming back to play more.

The career mode is quite challenging you start at the very bottom and as you win bouts the harder the fighter will be, you can compete for belts, win more money so you can buy and add aditional item's to your boxer.
I dont really think there are any downsides to this game, apart from there isnt many boxers, where is Amir Kahn,Joe Clazaghe? but maybe one day they might release an update with new boxers for you to play as.

Graphics: 10/10
Sound: 8/10
Gameplay: 9/10
Online/multiplayer: 8/10
Lifespan: 8/10
88%

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.