GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Why is there a lack of solid Tag Teams in the WWF at the moment?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 19/12/01 at 20:55
Regular
In this past year the Tag Team division has gone from what was the best ever in the WWF to nearly the worst ever. In this past year we have seen the break ups of:

Edge & Christian
The Hardy Boyz
Right To Censor
Too Cool
T & A
The Undetaker & Kane?

And we have been made to watch singles wrestlers with nothing better to do make makeshift teams such as:

Steve Austin & Triple H
Chris Jericho & Chris Benoit
Big Show & Spike/Tajiri/Kane
Spike & Tajiri
And loads more.

The only two proper solid Tag Teams are The Dudley Boyz and The APA.

What is the solution though?
At the moment they have added Billy Gunn & Chuck Palumbo and I can say that I am not impressed with that team. And there is Scotty Too Hotty & Albert who I see potential for, but that is only one Tag Team and I would say they need at least 6 more Solid full time Tag Teams.
My answers are:
Team up Lance Storm & Justin Credible and reform The Impact Players from the ECW days.
But apart from them I can't really think of alot more, but you people probably can. Any ideas?
Sun 23/12/01 at 20:50
Regular
"Far Beyond Metal"
Ive got another idea for a tag team. How about the Hurricane and Perry Saturn. They would make quite a funny tag team.
Thu 20/12/01 at 19:09
Regular
"Where's SR?"
The reason there are no good tag team is the old ones get popular and split up to make it on their own and no new talent is coming through to replace them.
Thu 20/12/01 at 16:59
Regular
"One More Chance"
The Cong Man wrote:
> Mouldy Cheese wrote:
> Kinda reminds me of when the Gunns were the only team
> around...

With the
> enormous roster they have at the mo, you'd think the
> WWF would be able to form a
> few more teams.

Get the cruiserweights in!
> Grab a few perurescu guys. Let
> people think Kaienti are a serious team.
> Bring in Mikey Whipwreck. Get Kronus,
> and thus give Perry Saturn something
> to do.

Well, that gave me a laugh...the WWF employ Mikey Whipwreck? nowdays
> he can't even remember his own name. Kronus would be too big of a risk for them
> too.

Yer Mikey probably cant remember his own name, I thought he had retired though? He was great though especially with Tajiri.
Thu 20/12/01 at 00:20
Regular
"..."
Mouldy Cheese wrote:
> Kinda reminds me of when the Gunns were the only team around...

With the
> enormous roster they have at the mo, you'd think the WWF would be able to form a
> few more teams.

Get the cruiserweights in! Grab a few perurescu guys. Let
> people think Kaienti are a serious team. Bring in Mikey Whipwreck. Get Kronus,
> and thus give Perry Saturn something to do.

Well, that gave me a laugh...the WWF employ Mikey Whipwreck? nowdays he can't even remember his own name. Kronus would be too big of a risk for them too.
Wed 19/12/01 at 23:15
Regular
"Back in black"
The smoking Gunns were great!!

There isn't anyone to form a tag team. Edge and christian and Hardys are old and split now. Dudleys must be the only 'real' tag eam about. Bring back the rock n' sock, The gunns and LOD.
Wed 19/12/01 at 22:34
Regular
"I am Bumf Ucked"
Kinda reminds me of when the Gunns were the only team around...

With the enormous roster they have at the mo, you'd think the WWF would be able to form a few more teams.

Get the cruiserweights in! Grab a few perurescu guys. Let people think Kaienti are a serious team. Bring in Mikey Whipwreck. Get Kronus, and thus give Perry Saturn something to do.
Wed 19/12/01 at 21:12
Regular
"I like cheese"
I like the Edge/Jeff Hardy and Christian/Matt Hardy idea. But I can't really see it happening...

I'm damn happy to see Scotty 2 Hotty back. I was devestated when GMS was fired, as it meant Too Cool were gone. Maybe not forever, but for a long time (it feels like years already.)

But you're right: Dudleyz and APA. Scotty and Albert look like their forming a proper tag team (check out the report on them I posted on here) and Billy and Chuck...well, judging by Gunn's latest success with tag teams, I can't see much for them.
Wed 19/12/01 at 21:03
Regular
"Far Beyond Metal"
Good post! My favourite tag team was Edge and Christian but that tag team has now long gone. I think Jericho and RVD would have made a decent tag team but that just aint gonna happen. How about Edge and Jeff Hardy and also Christian and Matt Hardy. Those would be good tag teams. They could make a feud out of it as well!
Wed 19/12/01 at 20:57
Regular
"One More Chance"
I dont really know about any more tag teams they could have but I would like RVD and Rhyno to team up. Great post there.
Wed 19/12/01 at 20:55
In this past year the Tag Team division has gone from what was the best ever in the WWF to nearly the worst ever. In this past year we have seen the break ups of:

Edge & Christian
The Hardy Boyz
Right To Censor
Too Cool
T & A
The Undetaker & Kane?

And we have been made to watch singles wrestlers with nothing better to do make makeshift teams such as:

Steve Austin & Triple H
Chris Jericho & Chris Benoit
Big Show & Spike/Tajiri/Kane
Spike & Tajiri
And loads more.

The only two proper solid Tag Teams are The Dudley Boyz and The APA.

What is the solution though?
At the moment they have added Billy Gunn & Chuck Palumbo and I can say that I am not impressed with that team. And there is Scotty Too Hotty & Albert who I see potential for, but that is only one Tag Team and I would say they need at least 6 more Solid full time Tag Teams.
My answers are:
Team up Lance Storm & Justin Credible and reform The Impact Players from the ECW days.
But apart from them I can't really think of alot more, but you people probably can. Any ideas?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.