GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Release dates"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 17/03/03 at 15:11
Regular
Ok, I don't know if anyone in here knows this but when the hell is Skies of Arcadia and Soul Calibur 2 coming to the Cube?
Ive played the originals both on the Dreamcast and they are great but now I have a Cube I want them on that.
There are tonnes of games out this year that look appealing but the best have to be Starcraft Ghost, Skies of Arcadia, Soul Calibur 2 (in my opinion!) just to mention a few.
A few PS2 title like Hitman 2 and Red Faction 2 are coming to the Cube which look quite good but still we are getting some games that are quite pointless, Monkey Ball 2 for example. Appologies to everyone that liked it but I played it at my friends house and it was the biggest pile of the smelly stuff that comes out of a cow's behind I have ever seen.
Back to the topic, if anyone know the release dates of those two game please let me know.

Metroid Prime will be good and im getting it on friday afternoon as im going straight to the shops to buy it after college. The thing is though that Dixons are doing games for £24.99 or less. Im not sure if its on all games or only a few but if its on all i will get Metriod Prime there.

One last thing, is The Lord of the Rings:The Two Towers any good on the Cube? I might rent it out just to have a look.

Any Way im off before the firebell goes off a third time today! HAHA
Mon 17/03/03 at 15:11
Regular
Ok, I don't know if anyone in here knows this but when the hell is Skies of Arcadia and Soul Calibur 2 coming to the Cube?
Ive played the originals both on the Dreamcast and they are great but now I have a Cube I want them on that.
There are tonnes of games out this year that look appealing but the best have to be Starcraft Ghost, Skies of Arcadia, Soul Calibur 2 (in my opinion!) just to mention a few.
A few PS2 title like Hitman 2 and Red Faction 2 are coming to the Cube which look quite good but still we are getting some games that are quite pointless, Monkey Ball 2 for example. Appologies to everyone that liked it but I played it at my friends house and it was the biggest pile of the smelly stuff that comes out of a cow's behind I have ever seen.
Back to the topic, if anyone know the release dates of those two game please let me know.

Metroid Prime will be good and im getting it on friday afternoon as im going straight to the shops to buy it after college. The thing is though that Dixons are doing games for £24.99 or less. Im not sure if its on all games or only a few but if its on all i will get Metriod Prime there.

One last thing, is The Lord of the Rings:The Two Towers any good on the Cube? I might rent it out just to have a look.

Any Way im off before the firebell goes off a third time today! HAHA
Mon 17/03/03 at 16:03
Regular
Skies of Arcadia Legends is set for a May 3rd release.

I don't know the rest, sorry.
Mon 17/03/03 at 16:38
"Darkness, always"
I believe that Soul Calibur 2 is coming to the Cube, but I wouldn't be able to tell you when.

And Monkey Ball 2 is a superb game. Oh, and you'll be fortunate to find Metroid Prime in Dixons, since as far as I'm aware they aren't stocking new releases at the mo.
Mon 17/03/03 at 16:41
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
jon_uk17 wrote:
but still we are getting some games that are
> quite pointless, Monkey Ball 2 for example. Appologies to everyone
> that liked it but I played it at my friends house and it was the
> biggest pile of the smelly stuff that comes out of a cow's behind I
> have ever seen.

I bet to differ. You need to spend more time on it so that you become accustomed to the controls. Some levels require superhuman control of the analogue so but once you play it regularly, you'll soon see how good it is. Plus, the bonus games are reputedly excellent in the sequel. I've got the original and I enjoyed it a lot.
Mon 17/03/03 at 22:16
Regular
Insane Bartender wrote:
> Oh, and you'll be fortunate to
> find Metroid Prime in Dixons, since as far as I'm aware they aren't
> stocking new releases at the mo.

Hmm. The Dixons till chimp told me they were getting everything new except Resi 0. They also had one of those -coming soon- game cases out for Metroid.

That said, the last time I was in was a few days after the Resi 0 and Sonic Mega Collection releases, and there was no sign of Sonic.
And it'd make more sense not to get new stuff in if they are trying to clear the cube stock...
Mon 17/03/03 at 22:34
"The Will of D."
Those bloody . i was even tempted yesterday to ask them why they are doing that, every other store that i know have been fair to all consoles (except my local WHSmiths who don't fortunatly stock Xbox games), but I don't see how Dixons and PCworld expect to gain any profit from stop selling GC games during this special Pre-order miracle for Zelda: WW, which would gain Dixons an extra £5 for each copy pre-ordered.

Madness I tell you, MADNESS!
Tue 18/03/03 at 10:15
Regular
I just want to appologise to all the monkey ball fans about the post i made. I just didnt really find it appealing but then again i guess i need to play it more.

I work part-time in WHSmiths and now we stock X-Box consoles, games and prehapals. Will prob get metroid there as i get discount.

I rang dixons to see if they woul have matroid in and they said that they wernt getting it! DAMN them but wat the hell!
Tue 18/03/03 at 10:19
Regular
Who gives a toss about Dixons?

It's their loss.
It won't harm Nintendo that much, it's not like Dixons is the hottest games retailer in town.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.