GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Status Page graphic not updated"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 26/09/11 at 12:39
"Are you sure?"
"Looking forward" is the wrong phrase(!) but I was interested to see how Freeola's new 'Service Status' graphic works (css sliding doors?) when there's an issue - things have been pretty stable since you updated the status page so this was my first chance to look :¬)

I see there's an item for VIP15 being currently unavailable but the graphics haven't changed...?

[s]Hmmm...[/s]

EDIT:
Just In case I'm seeing something different...
For me, the individual VIP graphic has now updated but the overview graphic is now missing on the status page and shows 'ok' on the support home page.
Tue 25/10/11 at 12:55
"Are you sure?"
Hmmm... wrote:
... But currently (due to ADSL service info) there are 8 graphics being displayed - is that how it's supposed to be?

That's better!
Just the one 'overview' Status graphic now.

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Tue 18/10/11 at 18:49
"Are you sure?"
Hi DL,
It's no biggie - I just wondered if people are seeing things as designed :¬)

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Tue 18/10/11 at 18:39
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Hmmm... wrote:
Only me... :¬)

FYI

But currently (due to ADSL service info) there are 8 graphics being displayed - is that how it's supposed to be?

Guess you saw that the same was displayed this morning for the EmailPro 'upset' :¬)
Tue 18/10/11 at 17:43
"Are you sure?"
Only me... :¬)

FYI

I noticed this briefly the other day but waited for a recurrence before commenting.

Originally when the new 'status graphic' was introduced if any service was being flagged then a one line description would be displayed next to the graphic - which all looked neat.

But currently (due to ADSL service info) there are 8 graphics being displayed - is that how it's supposed to be?

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Fri 30/09/11 at 19:27
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Ok all, first things first....thanks to Hmmm and moto :¬) The display is now as you hoped it would be....

But...here is 'living proof' ...

Living Proof

But2.....

I'm now using IE8/Vista 64 and all alternative browsers displayed the same problem at 1440x900 wide screen. FF4 whatever on another machine decided 'good night Vienna' and died, even went back to FF3.

But3...here is 'living proof1', working but not quite the same Hmmm...

Living Proof 1

FYI.. the game, BF3, was Beta release Hmmm, the earlier problem the Alpha release, but this may be a big problem in the future with Origin (EA's excuse for Steam). Banks are still having issues with IE9 :¬(

Thanks again to Hmmm and moto (can't believe IE6/7) :¬)
Fri 30/09/11 at 18:26
"Are you sure?"
Strange?

I use stone age Window XP and it's fine on IE8, FF and Chrome for me.

IE8 screenie here.

What OS are you using? - must be later than XP if you had IE9.

Have you tried any other browsers?
I see in General Chat you mentioned some gamezzzzz didn't work with IE9 - I thought then that you should/could have a few different browsers around which may help you - they are all for free! Just don't let one become your default browser if you don't want it be :¬)

[s]Hmmm...[/s]

EDIT moto's post may have changed your situation :¬)

EDIT2 Standard email is back for me - so you had better grab a screenie before it's cleared! :¬P
Fri 30/09/11 at 18:23
Staff
"The Killer Techie"
Dragonlance wrote:
But the recent problem still isn't visible on the Home Page....the carousel obscures: INFORMATION Details Here

NB: as mentioned elsewhere earlier :¬)

I recreated this problem in Internet Explorer 6 & 7 and have fixed it now :).
Fri 30/09/11 at 18:07
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Hmmm... wrote:
Hi DL,
I read your comment last time round and checked today - all looks good to me. I think you were using IE9 but I'm not sure what browser you're on now after reading your posts.

Take a 'screenie'...

Hi Hmmm, back on IE8 now and still the same 'error' and incoming mail still 'not incoming' :¬) I would take a screenie but by the time I'd sorted out somewhere to post it....:¬(

(Believe me, the carousel navigation 'block' obscures the aforementioned words in the status announcement, so much so that I didn't see the 'warning' until I read your earlier comment and put two and two together :¬) )

Far easier if we could post it here....only a suggestion :¬)
Fri 30/09/11 at 17:50
"Are you sure?"
Hi DL,
I read your comment last time round and checked today - all looks good to me. I think you were using IE9 but I'm not sure what browser you're on now after reading your posts.

Take a 'screenie'...

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Fri 30/09/11 at 17:47
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
But the recent problem still isn't visible on the Home Page....the carousel obscures: INFORMATION Details Here

NB: as mentioned elsewhere earlier :¬)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.