GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Changing screen names."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 19/12/01 at 17:38
Regular
You may already know this, but…

After submitting a review or topic, or anything really, make sure you don’t change your screen name. That is, if you only feel the need to change it...so if you do, just make sure it’s done after the winners have been chosen for that particular day of sending something.

You may wonder what I mean, and yes…I know it sounds complicating, and it is.

Put it this way though…if you make a review and change your name before checking if you won or not, and then someone else out of the blue signs up to GAD with the screen name you used to own, they can win on the review that you had posted the day before, providing it was a winning review of course.

Still confused…I don’t blame you, but thanks for reading anyway.
Mon 19/09/11 at 14:01
Regular
The usual place being the avenue up to the barn
Mon 19/09/11 at 14:00
Regular
Meet at the usual place for a 5.45 departure, lights will be required !!!
Wed 19/12/01 at 20:31
Regular
While staff members are about, why can't i use this as a username?

Is it because some of the characters don't work on SR?
Wed 19/12/01 at 20:24
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
Ok thanks!

Good thing you told me, otherwise I would have been having words with Mr postman.
Wed 19/12/01 at 20:22
Staff Moderator
"may catch fire"
Your free Twisted Metal Black has not been despatched yet. We are awaiting new stock at our warehouse.
Wed 19/12/01 at 20:15
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
Can a member of staff, please tell me when my twisted metal black, gad prize was dispatched. As I havent received it yet.

Royal mail keep getting slower, and now they are go twice as slow as its christmas.
Wed 19/12/01 at 20:11
Staff Moderator
"may catch fire"
But.... what mistake? That never actually happened.
Wed 19/12/01 at 20:11
Regular
I still haven't won GAD.
I've tried and failed *burst into tears*
Wed 19/12/01 at 20:07
Regular
"The GAD Realm"
No probe loki.

It' does not matter now anyway, I just thought that if I were 100% correct, maybe I could help others on GAD so they won't make the same mistake as I did.

But thanks for taking note.
Wed 19/12/01 at 19:57
Staff Moderator
"may catch fire"
Shadow Demon wrote:
> You obviously do know better than me Mr.Snuggly, since you are a staff member of
> Special Reserve, but I know I am right because it has happened with the two
> screen names that I own.

> But you are also right, because it could have been a
> one-off.

> So both win - 50 50

Although to be fair, when Mr. Snuggly said that it can't happen he was actually a 'bit' more right than you. In that it has never happened. And that it has never happened to you.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.