GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"EA trying to take over the world!!!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 19/12/01 at 17:33
Regular
Are EA trying to take over the world? I've been watching telly a lot all week and have noticed almost every game advertised is made buy EA.

From football to platform games EA have made them it's like they had a sack for all year and then opened the bag at the end of the year.

Although i'm not complaining :)
Tue 20/09/11 at 19:05
Regular
hi all. just to say the open day went well.numbers through the door see to be up on last year.as for games I spend all day running the arnhem /chatting to visitor so did not get to play any other games. abig thanks to joan for all the work in the kitichen keeping everone supplyed with food and drink. and to michael and conner for help in running the arnhem game v/h
Mon 19/09/11 at 15:55
Regular
Thanks on behalf of myself and the others involved with putting on games. I enjoyed the chariot race (not just because I won) and the Outrider game. Next year, we need to keep a number of adult members available to meet & greet at all times. othgerwise it went very well. i understand we have some photos & write-up in the local papers later this week.
Sun 18/09/11 at 20:13
Regular
Well ...

Enjoyed the open day.

I was a bit late to start the Arnhem game which looked really good, nice big spread with loads of scenery. The gliders and the landing markers were an especially nice touch.

I liked the look of Kev's demo 7YW stuff but alas, no game there just eye candy. Really looking forward to playing those Black Powder rules one day.

Then the Chariot racing started so I had to have a go.I think we may have been a bit tame for Simon, but in my defence I didn't realise you could attack people on the way past, I thought you had to land near them. Once I figured that out I did have a go when I could. Mike built up a healthy lead early which put him in the winning position. My horses were clearly saved from the knackers to be put in my team as evidenced by a top speed of 16!

Next I tried my hand at some Ambush Alley, Western Style. Again a nice table of eye candy, and a nice intro into the Ambush Alley / Force on Force rules.

I missed the Bug Hunt game which seemed to be well attended with lots of carnage. Not sure how many times that was run but when I managed to get a look in two marines were cut off, surrounded and one had just rolled and "Out of Ammo" ... I couldn't bear to watch what came next.

Then I ran a quick taster of Outrider which I hope went well, seemed to from my side anyway. It was the first time I had run the rules and it seemed quite easy to pick up. I think in future a better dashboard with the cars stats on and maybe a circular track and Demolition Derby scenario ... and more cars :)

Finally I thought the general set up and kitchen arrangements were really good.

So ... Thanks to all :)
Wed 19/12/01 at 19:18
Regular
I Dont like EA every year its the next sequel for the year ahead it really annoys me
Wed 19/12/01 at 19:03
Regular
"The GAD Realm"
uk_vamp wrote:

er i aint got time for all that ;)

LOL - dont ask about EA then
Wed 19/12/01 at 18:54
Regular
"Maximum Homerdrive"
Shadow Demon wrote:
> Please read my topic that was posted a few days ago uk_vamp called, EA Sports
> History.

I hope this info helps.

er i aint got time for all that ;)
Wed 19/12/01 at 17:44
Regular
"Being Ignorant"
Let's face it, EA are crap at Racing and Football games!

Their shooting games are quite good though.
Wed 19/12/01 at 17:41
Regular
"The GAD Realm"
Please read my topic that was posted a few days ago uk_vamp called, EA Sports History.

I hope this info helps.
Wed 19/12/01 at 17:36
Regular
That's why they rae advertising them!
Wed 19/12/01 at 17:33
Regular
"I confused?"
I've notice that and most of the games they make are pants.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.