GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Aweber Opt In Form"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 17/09/11 at 03:53
Regular
Can someone explain to me in simple easy terms how to install my aweber opt in page on my 1 page freeola website as I cannot find any widgets to do this and the raw code keeps coming up in the preview and not the formed web form?
Somebody help please?
Mon 19/09/11 at 11:55
Staff Moderator
"Mr Dean"
andee11 wrote:
Hi yes I am using the free introductory Freeola 1 page package and I tried both the java script & HTML codes provided by aweber to install the opt-in form on the website but when I input the code the preview is displaying the code and not the form from either java or HTML.
Do I need to upgrade for this to work?

Hi andee11,

It sounds as though the code provided is being pasted in to the page content rather then code as hmmm said. You may find the following guide helpful for getting to grips with exactly where the code would need to go.

Add HTML Guide

Also, the code that you have pasted in is mostly JavaScript which is unfortunately not supported within InstantPro in this way, although I believe this is something that our programming team were looking at finding a way of implementing, so there may be a way around it in the future.

For the time being, it may be worth finding the HTML only version of the code, then following the guide linked to above to add it to your site.
Mon 19/09/11 at 08:50
"Are you sure?"
If you mean upgrade to a full InstantPro site then this won't help with your script issue as it will still work the same.

If you are seeing the code in InstantPro 'preview' then it sounds as if you aren't pasting it in HTML mode correctly. Normally the JavaScript code is stripped or modified so it doesn't work rather than getting displayed.

Probably best to wait for a staffie to see your post as they can look at your site.

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Sun 18/09/11 at 20:56
Regular
Hi yes I am using the free introductory Freeola 1 page package and I tried both the java script & HTML codes provided by aweber to install the opt-in form on the website but when I input the code the preview is displaying the code and not the form from either java or HTML.
Do I need to upgrade for this to work?
Sun 18/09/11 at 09:07
"Are you sure?"
I'm getting a bit confused here :¬)

Are you using Freeola's InstantPro at the moment?
To me it sounds as if you are - the introduction version that gives you only one page?

If you are then the code you've posted is JavaScript so InstantPro could well be breaking things for you.

You can post the website address unless you would rather not.
A Freeola staffie will be along soon and they can advise if your website is tied in with your MyFreeola username.

Did you paste the AWeber code from the HTML option or the JavaScript one?

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Sat 17/09/11 at 23:56
Regular
Hi Hmm thank you for responding yes I am trying to ad the opt-in form to my 1 page free hosting site is this not possible forgive me I am totally new to this but I am willing to learn.
Is it compulsory that I update to InstantPro to do this if so the Java code is

I look forward to your reply.
Sat 17/09/11 at 09:15
"Are you sure?"
Hi andee11 and welcome to the forums!

I'm guessing you must be referring to an InstantPro site rather than a normally hosted one?

The problem could be JavaScript related - this isn't fully supported in InstantPro.

Looking on the AWeber website 'Item 9' makes it look as if you have the choice of JavaScript or HTML. If you haven't tried already try using the HTML option.

If you still have problems can you paste the code that you are trying to use here?

[s]Hmmm...[/s] My Freeola InstantPro Site
Sat 17/09/11 at 03:53
Regular
Can someone explain to me in simple easy terms how to install my aweber opt in page on my 1 page freeola website as I cannot find any widgets to do this and the raw code keeps coming up in the preview and not the formed web form?
Somebody help please?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.