GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"QUICK RP Game"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 19/12/01 at 15:09
Regular
Juts wanna do a quick Rp (Role Play) to liven up the forum. I need the names of several Sci-Fi/Sci-Fantasy charcters who are goign to beat the s*** out of each other, anyone can join in with their own characters!! Lol!

And Spot the (astranged Unisex car from Startrek) walks in waiting for a challenger while idly grooming him/her self!
Sat 17/09/11 at 15:03
Regular
I think maybe keep it how it is, with the people actually going out on the ride making the descision, as the weather is a big factor. Maybe make every second Sunday a big ride.
The only problem I see at the mo is the lateness of the posts making it difficult to organise transport and keep other halves happy. If we address this I think things will run fine.

Anyone can post on here or FB with preferences or make suggestions on one of the previous rides
Fri 16/09/11 at 21:39
Regular
I agree a timetable of say 2 month's rides, would be a good idea, if its bad weather then we'll just get wet, on a wednesday there's not many rides we couldn't do in the Wet, as for the Sunday Ride, we'd have to have a back up ride, should the weather be bad
Fri 16/09/11 at 15:20
Regular
I guess in the scenario of a venue being rained off, yeah it would be a month for it to come round on a wednesday evening but there would be Sundays if it was a popular venue. The rotation of meeting places was only a suggestion of venues.

The sunday rotation of time was simply to be that one weekend would be further a field and then the next being a closer ride.

It wasnt stictly to say it would be finished at 12 or 11 retrospectively.

Sometimes it would just be easier to be able to plan more in advanced for the longer rides than 3-4 days.

Any ways.. Like BT say, its good talk :)
Wed 14/09/11 at 22:15
Re the Weds rides, as it will be the winter season, some rides will be cancelled due to severe weather conditions. Would this mean that, say Gisburn is cancelled, would it be a month or so until it came around again?

With the Sunday rides, a few of them would finish much later than 12 noon, ie Llandegla, The Lakes, Dales etc.
What is the rationale in the 11 or 12 finish? I'm sure that if there is good reason to alternate the finish times then that would come naturally. Perhaps if all Sunaday rides had a 12 finish time but actually finished at 11... would that not be a bonus?

I think there needs to be further discussion ;)
Wed 14/09/11 at 13:16
Regular
The tiny link seems to be hit and miss if it works.

May be this one will work better:
Calendar
Wed 14/09/11 at 10:18
Regular
I agree, a time table would be good
Tue 13/09/11 at 20:25
Regular
http://tinyurl.com/6jtpctj

Just thought i'd throw out there the above for a discussion. Basically planning the wednesday evening rides on a rotation basis. And the weekend rides by an end time to allow people to plan there weekends.

The routes and times are only thoughts, but it gives an idea.

Not sure this would work but just though id table it
Wed 19/12/01 at 15:09
Juts wanna do a quick Rp (Role Play) to liven up the forum. I need the names of several Sci-Fi/Sci-Fantasy charcters who are goign to beat the s*** out of each other, anyone can join in with their own characters!! Lol!

And Spot the (astranged Unisex car from Startrek) walks in waiting for a challenger while idly grooming him/her self!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.