GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Transformers game?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 19/12/01 at 11:22
Regular
Having just bought the movie and heard them swear, I've got an aching for some gaming involving Autobots. Is there any?

This thread was bought to you by the letters 'F' and 'U'.
Wed 19/12/01 at 11:22
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Having just bought the movie and heard them swear, I've got an aching for some gaming involving Autobots. Is there any?

This thread was bought to you by the letters 'F' and 'U'.
Wed 19/12/01 at 11:27
Regular
"not dead"
Herzog Zwei on the Megadrive featured a robot that could turn into a place. It was a kind of early FPS, with you having to choose which vehicles to build, and drop them off in your plane near your emenies. You could send infantry in to take small bases, but the goal each level was to destroy the main base. I didn't really understand what was going on though, my copy was Japanese. Tanks were cool, and there were these cool big gun things, that had to stay in the same spot, but they were great for just dropping next to your enemies base.
Wed 19/12/01 at 11:40
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
there was a Transformers game on the Spectrum.
Set on Cybertron, it was a side-scrolling platformer, and you could control multiple autobots, each with different abilities such as flying, driving etc.
I suppoose you could try to get hold of an emulator of it.
Wed 19/12/01 at 11:43
Transformers: Robots in disguise is coming to the PS2 late next year (probably third quater). It should feature most of the charaters from the movie, rumour has it they're trying to get some of the original cast back to do the voices.
Judd Nelson's not really doing much these days, nor is Nimoy.

Good luck getting Orson Welles.....
Wed 19/12/01 at 13:25
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
A transformers game would indeed be great.
Also I think the following would be great next generation games.

A-Team
Thundercats
knightrider
etc
Wed 19/12/01 at 21:30
Regular
"++ Anti Antler ++"
There was a "Autobots vs. ? [I can't remember Megatron's army name... :(]" Which wasn't a sucess in Japan thanks to it being a American based game, and never was released. I think it didn't enev manage to sell 1,000 copies. Its not too bad though, even though the sounds are clunky and the visuals are chunky, with a fairly decent lifespan and intuetive controls.
Thu 20/12/01 at 06:46
What about making games after M.A.S.K and Voltron.
Thu 20/12/01 at 09:41
"MMMMM, Chicken"
there was a transformer game on the commodore 64, Ive got it in my attic somewhere.
Thu 20/12/01 at 11:09
Regular
"Jags is teh l33t"
AliBoy wrote:
> A transformers game would indeed be great.
Also I think the following would be
> great next generation games.

A-Team
Thundercats
knightrider
etc

THUNDERCATS!!!!!!! YAHHHHHH
Thu 20/12/01 at 13:39
"possibly impossible"
Totoro wrote:
> there was a Transformers game on the Spectrum.
Set on Cybertron, it was a
> side-scrolling platformer, and you could control multiple autobots, each with
> different abilities such as flying, driving etc.
I suppoose you could try to
> get hold of an emulator of it.

There was indeed and it was really fun too. Worth looking up at any rate (I have it if you want to contact me on MSN later)

Ah, Thundercats, another great 8 and 16 bit game...

Bliss!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.