GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Playstation 2's & Cheats"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 01/09/00 at 11:00
Regular
Will the PS2 be worth waiting for? The price will be a rip off at £300 but in the U.S. it's only £250 and in Japan it's only £200!!! My point is that I think that Sony think that they can get our money because we will pay for it!!!!!

O.K. so there are some advantages over the P.S.1 like now there is going to be a D.V.D. player (which is very good in my opinion!) so now you can play your favourite movies on your playstation and save a packet!!!

I also know that Sony are re-releasing the P.S.1 in a smaller lighter model and to be honest it looks pretty fab!

But what I want to know is when are Sony going to drop the prices? Will they? And by how much? I suppose we will have to find out when it is released in November!!

Most people also say that the Playstation 2 is not going to have top games. You are all forgetting that the Playstation was the one that brought you the following games; Resident Evil, Gran Turismo, Tekken, Metal Gear Solid, the following sagas of Final Fantasy, and a lot more.

What makes you think that the Playstation 2 won't bring in as many top games in the next 5 years?

While all this is happening the Dolphin will probably be released within the third year of Playstation 2. By this time everyone will be talking about the Playstation 3.
Fri 01/09/00 at 13:58
OK, firstly the PS2 is £200 in America.
The Dreamcast already has better games than the ones you mentioned and you could buy all of them plus the DC for cheaper than a PS2 with 1 game...

Exactly, the PS2 will last one year before they talk about PS3...
Not good, is it???

U know how long it took the PS to churn out `classics`?
5 years......
And all the PS2 will see is updated versions..
Fri 01/09/00 at 11:03
And the cheats which I almost forgot are...

Speed Freaks:-

To race as Cosworth beat the EASY tournament then beat Cosworth on Millenium Park (but watch him first time to see how he takes a short cut!)

If you press down the accelerator between the second and last beep you'll recieve a speed boost

Diablo 2:-

Recipes for the Horadric Cube

Ingredients: Wirts Leg, Tome of Town Portal
Result: Red Portal to Secret Cow Level
Special Note: Must finish the game first and be in the Rogue encampment
on the same level as when you finished

Ingredients: Amulet, 1 Perfect Gem of each type except Skull
Result: Prismatic Amulet - 18-24% Resist All
Special Note: -

Ingredients: 3 Perfect Gems: same type, 1 Magical Item
Result: 1 Random Magical Item
Special Note: Works with Magical Armor, Weapons or Jewelry

Ingredients: 3 Gems: same type and quality
Result: 1 Gem of next higher quality
Special Note: 3 Perfect Gems will not transmute

Ingredients: 1 Ring, 2 Topaz gems
Result: 1 Coral Ring
Special Note: Ring gives +21-30 lightning resistance; quality of gems and
ring properties do not matter

Ingredients: 1 Ring, 1 Sapphire, 4 Thawing potions
Result: 1 Cobalt Ring
Special Note: Ring gives +21-30 Cold resistance; Quality of gem and ring
properties do not matter

Ingredients: 1 Ring, 1 Ruby, 4 Exploding potions
Result: 1 Garnet Ring
Special Note: Ring gives +21-30 Fire resistance; Quality of gem and ring
do not matter

Ingredients: 1 Ring, 1 Emerald, 4 Antidote potions
Result: 1 Viridian Ring
Special Note: Ring gives +21-30 Poison resistance; Quality of gem and
ring do not matter

Ingredients: 3 Rings
Result: 1 Amulet

Ingredients: 3 Amulets
Result: 1 Ring

Ingredients: 3 Healing Potions, 3 Mana Potions, 1 Gem
Result: 1 Full Rejuvenation Potion
Special Note: Gem quality does not matter; quality of potions does not
matter

Ingredients: 6 Gems: any type or quality, 1 Sword
Result: 1 Socketed Longsword

Ingredients: 3 Healing Potions, 3 Mana Potions
Result: 1 Rejuvenation Potion
Special Note: Quality of potions does not matter

Ingredients: 1 Healing Potion, 1 Strangling Gas Potion
Result: 1 Antidote Potion
Special Note: Quality of Healing Potion does not matter

Ingredients: 1 Quiver of arrows, 1 Spear
Result: 1 Set of Javelins

Ingredients: 2 Quivers of Arrows
Result: 1 Quiver of Bolts

Ingredients: 2 Quivers of Bolts
Result: 1 Quiver of Arrows

Ingredients: 1 Dagger, 1 Axe, 1 Stack of Throwing Knives
Result: 1 Stack of Throwing Axes
Special Note: Axe/Dagger class and properties do not matter

Ingredients: 1 Axe, 2 Daggers
Result: Throwing Axe

Ingredients: 3 Perfect Skulls, 1 Amulet
Result: 80% chance of getting +1 or +2 char skills amulet
Fri 01/09/00 at 11:00
Will the PS2 be worth waiting for? The price will be a rip off at £300 but in the U.S. it's only £250 and in Japan it's only £200!!! My point is that I think that Sony think that they can get our money because we will pay for it!!!!!

O.K. so there are some advantages over the P.S.1 like now there is going to be a D.V.D. player (which is very good in my opinion!) so now you can play your favourite movies on your playstation and save a packet!!!

I also know that Sony are re-releasing the P.S.1 in a smaller lighter model and to be honest it looks pretty fab!

But what I want to know is when are Sony going to drop the prices? Will they? And by how much? I suppose we will have to find out when it is released in November!!

Most people also say that the Playstation 2 is not going to have top games. You are all forgetting that the Playstation was the one that brought you the following games; Resident Evil, Gran Turismo, Tekken, Metal Gear Solid, the following sagas of Final Fantasy, and a lot more.

What makes you think that the Playstation 2 won't bring in as many top games in the next 5 years?

While all this is happening the Dolphin will probably be released within the third year of Playstation 2. By this time everyone will be talking about the Playstation 3.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.