GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Best place to buy an iPad2 ?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 31/08/11 at 18:19
"Are you sure?"
iPad!!!
Right don't want to, but have to ;¬)

I'm just about to buy an iPad2 for my spoilt littleish boy - can't afford one for myself!

It's going to be the cheapest 16GB version which everyone seems to have for £399.

Whether it's Apple, JohnLewis or Argos they are all £399
*cough* monopoly! :¬(

Should I but from Apple 'cos they will offer me more support or is there a better place to get it from? Anyone offering a free case or something?

Thanks in advance for any ideas.

It only seems a short while ago when I bought the little fella his very first MP3 Player from Freeola - back in the day! *sigh*

His second one (and his sisters') was also from Freeola a purple USB jobbie - but I can't seem to find them in my tech museum to take a photo.

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Thu 01/09/11 at 21:12
Regular
"I like turtles"
Glad you got sorted Hmmm, maybe you could try and get John Lewis to price match this deal? :)
Thu 01/09/11 at 19:05
Regular
@Hmmm, I've got a few up and still working on some others. Being in Japan really makes you more creative and want to try new things. I'll get round to posting some links eventually. :)

pb wrote:
You could always rent from iTunes?

I'm watching the X-files at the moment (S1E2 its so early 90ies!) unfortunately like most shows on iTunes it cannot be rented. (I think)

I can rent the first three Pirates of the Caribbean movies for £11.47 on iTunes or I can watch all three in HD with my £12 Hulu subscription. As well as the 3 Spider-Men movies, 300, Hangover, etc.

Would be nice to have some more animated movies on there though. Hulu US has lots of animes, not sure they can in Japan. It's all about money here which is why you will never see DVDs selling for £2.50 in the local supermarkets.
Thu 01/09/11 at 18:42
"possibly impossible"
Machie wrote:
That would be great if Google buys it. I seriously think this is the future instead of buying DVDs or getting them off iTunes. Physical media are a pain to store (anyone whos owned 200+ DVDs knows that) and why buy a movie on iTunes when you might only watch it once.

I earn a lot from Google so I don't mind sending them my £12 instead :) Hopefully they will keep a paid service, I don't want ads in my movies. I swear I saw a 15 minute ad on YouTube once.

You could always rent from iTunes?
Thu 01/09/11 at 18:42
"Are you sure?"
Machie wrote:
I earn a lot from Google...

Hey - that's good to hear!
Did you go with a language or anime website in the end?

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Thu 01/09/11 at 18:28
Regular
That would be great if Google buys it. I seriously think this is the future instead of buying DVDs or getting them off iTunes. Physical media are a pain to store (anyone whos owned 200+ DVDs knows that) and why buy a movie on iTunes when you might only watch it once.

I earn a lot from Google so I don't mind sending them my £12 instead :) Hopefully they will keep a paid service, I don't want ads in my movies. I swear I saw a 15 minute ad on YouTube once.
Thu 01/09/11 at 18:05
"Are you sure?"
Machie wrote:
... Hulu ...

I see ANDROIDauthority mentions Google are getting close to buying Hulu...

Thank god for Google/Android :¬P
[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Thu 01/09/11 at 16:48
Regular
That's great Hmmm, I hope he enjoys his present. :)

It really bugged me that I couldn't use the BBC iPlayer app, ITV Player app, 4od app or Demand5 app. However today something magical* happened. Japan got Hulu Plus!

For £12 a month, I can stream all the tv shows and movies I want. That might sound like a lot, but some new DVDs can cost as much as £23 here. Heck even a trip to the cinema will cost you over £15. Of course the experience is far better with no stupid kids ruining it for everyone.

The app works great on the iPad and iPod Touch. I was able to jump from the iPad to the iPod and resume straight away.

As it just launched it doesn't have everything like the US version, so no UK shows right now (IT Crowd), but hopefully they'll add more and more content soon.

I queued up Lost in Space (tv series), The X-Files, Lost season 5 (I never got round to finishing it). Coming soon, Star Trek, The Office, 30 Rock, Game of Thrones.

I think Hulu would do well in the UK. Or maybe Netflix?

* registered trademark of Apple inc
Thu 01/09/11 at 16:02
Regular
"How Ironic"
You've certainly missed the time to buy one. The riots =D
Thu 01/09/11 at 14:40
"Are you sure?"
All sorted. Ended up buying from John Lewis - I couldn't find anyone offering me a deal - not even a cheaper case etc.

Apple Shop couldn't match John Lewis' price match thingie where I can get the difference refunded if someone is selling the same product cheaper in the next 28 days. Apple would only price match before a purchase.
This has worked well in the past where I got £100 back on a TV.

Everything was pretty much the same everywhere - so with JL I at least get the slim chance of getting some money back and I'm covered if the bottom falls out of iPad2 prices in the next month!

Back to work to try and pay for it now ;¬)
[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Thu 01/09/11 at 09:06
"Are you sure?"
Morning.

Sorry wasn't paying attention, yes it will be an iPad2 - that explains why Pete's link was so cheap.

I'll pop out later and see what I can find - for £399...

Thanks,
[s]Hmmm...[/s]

EDIT: Just found www.stevesoutfit.com one for some of you to bookmark ;¬)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.