GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GT:Online"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 18/12/01 at 21:40
Regular
I was surprised to see that people have not mentioned this as yet, anyway for those of you who don't know, Sony have confirmed that the next GT game WILL include online play, personally i think this will be a great step for the GT series, all i hope for is the inclusion of damage!(hey i can dream can't i sony?), what do you guys think?
Wed 19/12/01 at 03:54
Damage would be cool but I don't see it happening because think of all the money that you would have to spend to fix the cars and if you were in an endurance race and wrecked your car on lap 70 many TVs would be broken. Which could be a good marketing strategy for Sony.
Tue 18/12/01 at 22:39
Regular
"360: swfcman"
This is going to be great, imagine the greatest racer ever to grace PS2 and we can all share the experience of burning rubber together! Hopefully you can have all the competitions that are available right now, 8 F1 cars tearing down the monaco track would be great!

As for the damage, i doubt it, the manufacturers of the cars wont let them for some daft reason, oh well.
Tue 18/12/01 at 22:36
Regular
"!"£$%^&*()_+"
yeah damage and online play against friend, very cool cant wait.
Tue 18/12/01 at 21:51
Regular
"Touched!"
Good point there tom, i suppose there are some restrictions with 56k, but i hope sony can work a way around this, maybe by limiting 4 people to race in 56k and 6-8 using broadband would make sense, we will have to wait and i see i suppose!
Tue 18/12/01 at 21:50
Regular
"Touched!"
o(^_^)o wrote:
> Of what?

how about GT : online? LOL
Tue 18/12/01 at 21:48
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
GT on line should be great! I liked playing GT3 with multiplayer, but none of my mates liked the game, so I was stuck on my own. At least now I would be able to play against other people.

Would you need broadband, because I can imagine GT needing a lot of information (exactly how much the car is turning, speed e.t.c)? If a 56k modem was used, you probably wouldn't be able to race against more than a couple of other people.
Tue 18/12/01 at 21:45
Regular
"pob, the originator"
Of what?
Tue 18/12/01 at 21:40
Regular
"Touched!"
I was surprised to see that people have not mentioned this as yet, anyway for those of you who don't know, Sony have confirmed that the next GT game WILL include online play, personally i think this will be a great step for the GT series, all i hope for is the inclusion of damage!(hey i can dream can't i sony?), what do you guys think?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.