GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Foolish Lad I was......"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 18/12/01 at 21:19
Regular
I was looking through the old files on my P.C and this came up; I laughed at how it was totally inaccurate (apart form the dreamcast bit) so I thought I'd post it on here.

This article was written at a time when the PS2 was being speculated as a 256-bit system. The speculations were later proven to be inaccurate, and the PlayStation2 was officially confirmed as a 128-bit console.

O.K then.

Before, it was only meant to be 64-bit. Then 128-bit speculation came around. And now.. There's rumors surfacing that the PSX 2 could be 256-bit.

Here are some good reasons why the Playstation 2 should be 256-bit, and not 128-bit like the Dreamcast. The first biggest reason, is that if Sony makes the system a whopping 256-bit, it will have the definitive edge over the Dreamcast.

You will also be seeing seeing better graphics. Just imagine for yourself... think about the graphics of the Dreamcast, and then think about what a DVD-loaded 256-bit Sony Playstation 2 could do.

One word comes to mind: WOW.

Well, in truth, I don't think words could describe how spectacular the graphics would be on that kind of a system. The amazing part, is that this scenario could end up being reality.

We, as videogamers, would enter a new dimension of gaming. A world where there are no limits, no boundaries. A world where games such as Tekken 4 are crystal clear and gorgeous. A world where games like Final Fantasy IX [imagine how heartbroken I was when I found out it was on the PSone] can truly be called the greatest games ever made.

The experience can just be so tremendous. Which brings me to another thing I wanted to talk about... the death of the Dreamcast.

Yes folks... The Playstation 2 will no doubt wipe away the "Dream" out of the Dreamcast. It will truly be called the next level [or as Sony Execs have called it the 3rd place]. It will.

Thanks for Reading,

o(^_^)o
Wed 19/12/01 at 10:34
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
But regardless of the PS2 specs, the Outcast fell flat on its face and Sega went teats up...
Wed 19/12/01 at 05:00
If the PS2 would have been 64 bits the Dreamcast probably would have killed it.
Tue 18/12/01 at 22:32
Regular
"360: swfcman"
Yes but when PS2 was announced, it was always said to be 128 bit, he states otherwise.
Tue 18/12/01 at 22:31
Regular
"!"£$%^&*()_+"
well if u think about it, we are in the future of gaming, as 2 years ago i would have never dream't of the technical advancement we so take for grantige today.
Tue 18/12/01 at 22:25
Regular
"WWJD"
how could it ever be 64 Bit?
Tue 18/12/01 at 22:16
Regular
"360: swfcman"
That was pretty inacurate, i mean, where the hell did you here that the PS2 was suppose to be a 64bit machine? Thats total rubbish.
Tue 18/12/01 at 21:46
Regular
"You Bum!!"
well yes it is pretty inaccurate. But the main thing that I spotted in that article was when it said that the PS2 will wipe out the Dreamcast. Well to be honest the Dreamcast was already wiped out by the PSone before the PS2 came out..It may have had some decent games but soon after the release of the PS2, Sega simply gave up
Tue 18/12/01 at 21:19
Regular
"pob, the originator"
I was looking through the old files on my P.C and this came up; I laughed at how it was totally inaccurate (apart form the dreamcast bit) so I thought I'd post it on here.

This article was written at a time when the PS2 was being speculated as a 256-bit system. The speculations were later proven to be inaccurate, and the PlayStation2 was officially confirmed as a 128-bit console.

O.K then.

Before, it was only meant to be 64-bit. Then 128-bit speculation came around. And now.. There's rumors surfacing that the PSX 2 could be 256-bit.

Here are some good reasons why the Playstation 2 should be 256-bit, and not 128-bit like the Dreamcast. The first biggest reason, is that if Sony makes the system a whopping 256-bit, it will have the definitive edge over the Dreamcast.

You will also be seeing seeing better graphics. Just imagine for yourself... think about the graphics of the Dreamcast, and then think about what a DVD-loaded 256-bit Sony Playstation 2 could do.

One word comes to mind: WOW.

Well, in truth, I don't think words could describe how spectacular the graphics would be on that kind of a system. The amazing part, is that this scenario could end up being reality.

We, as videogamers, would enter a new dimension of gaming. A world where there are no limits, no boundaries. A world where games such as Tekken 4 are crystal clear and gorgeous. A world where games like Final Fantasy IX [imagine how heartbroken I was when I found out it was on the PSone] can truly be called the greatest games ever made.

The experience can just be so tremendous. Which brings me to another thing I wanted to talk about... the death of the Dreamcast.

Yes folks... The Playstation 2 will no doubt wipe away the "Dream" out of the Dreamcast. It will truly be called the next level [or as Sony Execs have called it the 3rd place]. It will.

Thanks for Reading,

o(^_^)o

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.