GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Ladybird isnt allowed to win GADS"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 02/07/07 at 12:00
Regular
I just found this out and i dont believe it.
Ladybird has moved to the US and is, therefore, not elligable for GADS.

Amazon vouchers are accepted at the .com and .co.uk websites and a letter to the US isnt that much more than to the UK. So why isnt this allowed.

She is a good contributor and I do believe, if my "A" level law serves me correct, legally this counts as discrimination. "Any negative act based around a persons apperiance, ethnicity, religion, or geographical location."

Therefore, I suggest we show a bit of solidarity and try and persuade the staffies to change their policy. If they award gads to Dan for his plagerism then why not ladybird for her regular and useful contributions.

Just post if you agree!!!
Wed 04/07/07 at 03:43
Regular
Contender indeed. ;)
Tue 03/07/07 at 20:22
Regular
"lets go back"
Der Nazi wrote:
> This came up a few years ago, when there was that Indian chap who
> won a GAD and then had problems having it shipped over to him or
> something, right? If my memory serves me well, he attempted to
> get round it by asking for someone to recieve any prizes in the
> UK, and then transfer them to him...

I remember that. I feel so old.

Anyway, I don't mind that there is one less contender for GAD ;)
Tue 03/07/07 at 19:12
Regular
"Mad as a badger!"
I'm more than happy to give Ladybird a GAD, in fact I would love too! But from what I recall in the past after bringing this up, it's just not something that we do, can't remember the exact reason why, but think it was to do with the whole Amazon UK thing :/
Tue 03/07/07 at 02:28
Regular
Freeola sent me my GAD award via email. It was a code to use on Amazon and it worked perfectly fine. Anyways, I have a UK address that my GAD can be sent to, so what's the dill pickle??

I don't see why we couldn't open up the GAD prizes to all countries, to anyone who cares to partake to make this site cool. It could be fun.
Mon 02/07/07 at 17:30
Regular
I am sure it wouldn't stand up in court and never suggested it would but by pure definition (see dictionary quote in previous post) it is discrimination.

But i do understand the issues with the prizes. Maybe a paypal £30 input or something. I dont know I am not the marketing staff.
Mon 02/07/07 at 16:20
"possibly impossible"
If they sent GADs by email and made it very clear that the voucher was from the UK Amazon site, then I could see why there'd be a complaint.

If it needs to be sent by post and for Freeola to open an account with Amazon US then I can see why they'd be unable to do this.

Either way, I guess posts etc should be able to win in the same way, but the prizes are the awkward parts. And what about all the people in other countries?

As for plagerism, it's very hard to spot when you're going through many posts looking for a winner. They do run checks through Google etc, but sometimes don't spot copied posts and its up to us to tell them (as in the last case).

And you couldn't uphold the discrimination comment in a court of law, it would be thrown out straight away. You might as well suggest that the England football team are discriminating against foreigners.
Mon 02/07/07 at 14:50
Regular
"Twenty quid."
Machie wrote:
> And a few drunk men aswell I bet ;)

No comment.

> Oh dear, well £1 is a bit cheap, I imagine you'd have got
> a lot more in the States. Don't suppose you got any prank
> addresses did you? I. C. Weiner perhaps?

No pranks, surprisingly, but my mate (who worked there permanently - I was only the one night) said they usually get two or three per night.
Mon 02/07/07 at 14:49
Regular
Alfonse wrote:
> :O
>
> I was talking about myself obviously :|

Riiiiigggghhhhtttt
Mon 02/07/07 at 14:48
Regular
:O

I was talking about myself obviously :|
Mon 02/07/07 at 14:46
Regular
Alfonse wrote:
> Someone loves Ladybird! ^-^

HAHAHA.. yeah afterall its always the relationships where someone lives 1000s of miles away, who you have never seen and haven't ever even spoken to that work.

The wife would be extatic also..... grow up its just a little unfair doesn't mean i love her.....Kids!!!!! :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.