GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Where are Liverpool going to get a striker from?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 18/12/01 at 18:36
Regular
Well it looks like Liverpool's season has just be killed off. With Owen missing games every couple of weeks, liverpool need a striker that can put the ball in the back of the net.

Heskey is just.... Rubbish. Litamen(who cares about the spelling) does not score regularly and is more of a provider than finisher.

Milan Baros doesn't have a work permit and so can not sign. Even if Liverpool do sign him, he will need a least a season to settle into the pace and strength of the league. Don't expect miracles from such a young talented player.

Numo Gomes doesn't want to move to England because of the weather. What a p***y, we have to live with it for 365 days a year (minus holiday time).

Where are Liverpool going to get the goals from?

Before I end this message, one thing to remind all those liverpool supporters is that Owen has scored 5 out the last six goals that your team have scored. This shows to any fan that you are rubbish without him. As Sunday showed.

Maybe you should put Carragher up front he probably will do a better job than Heskey.
Sat 22/12/01 at 17:45
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Liverpool have Anelka on loan for the season, and can get a work-permit for Baros. So there are 2 possibillities. I think that because of his experinece, what he's won, and how he played for Arsenal, Nicolas Anelka is the ideal choice to be Liverpool's no.9.

Getting him on-loan is an incredible deal for Liverpool, and first option, they should buy him over the summer! I also think that Houllier could be a manager that can control him, and keep him from his previously sulky ways.

Baros on the other hand is only in his early 20's. He is therefore in-experienced, meaning he currently wouldn't be ready to play Premiership and European football, week-in, week-out. He's also a Czech Republic international, meaning he wouldn't only have to adjust to the English lifestyle, but also compete with 4/5 other non-EU players for a place in the first-team squad. But by just training with first team players and playing against top-quality potentials of the best reserve teams, he would improve his ability, making himself a better player!

I think that come the end of May, Liverpool will be very gratefull that Anelka didn't retire very early, like the rumours suggested while he was at Réal Madrid. And the same could be said for the current World and European champions France, towards the end of the summer.
Sat 22/12/01 at 15:15
Regular
"smile, it's free"
Wasn't there something on the nes last night about Anelka joining liverpool? Until the end of the season, at least.

Anelka and Owen up front.... that is a strikeforce to die for!
Sat 22/12/01 at 12:06
Regular
"Great Scott's"
Within a couple of hours Liverpool's strikers have increased by two. So to ever doubt that Liverpool would get a striker they go out and get two!
Fri 21/12/01 at 16:46
Regular
"Great Scott's"
I have just heard that Milan Baros can now join Liverpool, so Liverpool now have two short quick runners, (Owen and Milan Baros)hopefully Milan will do well.
Tue 18/12/01 at 22:07
Regular
"um..."
Liverpool, Liverpool! What About my team Ipswich when are we gonna get any decent players and a win (or 12)
Tue 18/12/01 at 21:52
Regular
"I like cheese"
As a big Liverpool fan I was kind of disappointed after the Chelsea match. :D

Heskey can play brilliantly. He is a great player, but at the moment the effort's just not there. Litmanen can score, but as you said, not regularly.

But it wasn't just the striker's fault. Hamann and Smicer were both out as well.

And if we need a striker, well, we have many developing talents. I can't see why we couldn't chance one of them...

Heskey supports Owen well, I believe. Which is why he didn't perform well on Sunday. BUT, he still needs to improve his game. Rebrov would be a nice addition, but Nuno Gomes would be much better.
Tue 18/12/01 at 20:42
Regular
"No Surprises Please"
I heard a rumour that Liverpool are preparing an £8m swoop for Dion Dublin...

They are also going to enlist the help of the prolific, natural born goal scorer that is Andy Cole.

All their problems are solved. :D
Tue 18/12/01 at 20:35
Regular
"Is'not Dave... sorr"
I can actually see Liverpool contemplating making a move for Rebrov shortly. He is a good striker and if he could get back to the form he enjoyed at Kiev, he'd be superb in the Premiership.

However, I don't see Spurs outright selling him. I beleive that they'd look for an exchange deal, although i'm not sure exactly which player they'd want to take to White Hart Lane.
Tue 18/12/01 at 19:26
Regular
I didnd think much of it a the time, but selling Fowler is probably one of the worst decisions made this season.

exactly 0 shots made by Heskey and Litmanen in the Chelsea game. That is just pathetic.
Tue 18/12/01 at 18:58
Regular
"Long time no see!"
They could make a move for Rebrov! He's becoming unhappy being behind Ferdinand and Sherringham. Without first team football and only having one season to settle in England, he hasn't really been able to show the goal-scoring form he was capable of at Dinamo Kiev.

At Liverpool he may get first team football and be playing with top players like Owen. But then Heskey may become un-happy and want to leave. And I don't think Spurs really want to sell their record signing. He may also want to stay because of the success they're having this season, and the possibillities of Champion's League football!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.