GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GTA3 - "The Exchange""

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 18/12/01 at 17:05
Regular
"The Exchange"

How did you do this mission?

We tried about 6 time at lunch time, but we just cant get to the end.

I can get past the truck that comes after you, but soon after that I completey run out of health.

HELP please please please (i don't want to cheat)
Tue 18/12/01 at 17:51
Regular
"Tag as above"
Sounds like I've been doing it basicaly right, after coming out the mansion I went next door and nicked the Cheetah, then went down to my safe house to stock up with weapons.

Next i got to the lane leading to the dam and a granade at them to blow the cars up, next I drove between them in the cheetah, down the hill, threw another granade at the second roadblock, then got the sniper rifle whilst they were exploding.

Used Sniper to take out 5 men, 2 on towers, 3 on the ground, and moved forward, managed to dodge the incoming truck....

then I made my mistake, i tried to carry on forward when I should have gone up the tower, silly me 8)

Thanks for all your help Guys, i'll let you know how it goes.
Tue 18/12/01 at 17:32
Regular
"Being Ignorant"
Oh...make sure that you have quite a good amount of life before actually making your way down to the dam, which means killing every Cartel in your way and getting out of the mansion as fast as you possibly can!
Tue 18/12/01 at 17:28
Regular
"Being Ignorant"
Right, what I did (after about twenty tries) to complete 'the exchange' was this:

First, when you get to the dam kill off the two men that are next to the cars blocking the entrance, then get their guns. Use the car you got down here with to drive about two thirds of the way down before you get to all the Cartel people. Get out your car and equip the machine gun because it's very good for long range shots. Take out the one on your left then your right, then pick up their weapons. Whilst you're behind the second bunch of cars, take out the bloke on top the square sort of cabin, but don't worry about getting his gun. Run round to the ramp leading up to where the man you just killed, but don't go up. You'll see a little ledge next to the big box, jump on it, walk a bit forward and then take out the man visibly in front of you by using the target-machine-gun you should've picked up by now. Whilst still on the ledge, jump down and get the life before taking a pot shot at the sniper at the top, then take out the man next to all the barrels. Get in the big truck and drive up to where the cutscene appears. As soon as it ends, immediately get out of the truck and hide behind the blue carriage. The other truck gets blown up by the helicopter trying to get you with the flame. When the helicopter is a good distance away, come out from behind the blue cabin and take out a man right in front of the blown up truck, then run round the left of the truck to get the other bloke. Immediately, shoot the sniper at the top of the other high-point and run to his position, getting his ammo. From here the helicopter can't hit you with the flame so take some pot shots at all the villains in sight. Once you've killed all, make sure the helicopter is a good distance away then run up the stairs, killing any one in your way. Once you're there kill the man behind and then kill the two men guarding the hostage. Your damsel in distress follows you from now, so quickly pick up the rocket launcher and use all three available shots on the helicopter (make sure you don't miss any or you'll have a very hard task at hand). Once the helicopter's destroyed you've done it, that is, the mission and the whole game.

Sit back and watch the little movie at the end - I won't spoil it for you, but it turns out to be quite a good storyline after all. Hope all my tactics helped, good luck!
Tue 18/12/01 at 17:25
Regular
"Fangxforthemammarie"
FatButcher wrote:
> "The Exchange"

We tried about 6
> time at lunch time, but we just cant get to the end.

I can get past the
> truck that comes after you, but soon after that I completey run out of health.
>

Ok listen carefully

1. Ram through first blockade of two cartel cruisers at the front gate.
2. Stop your vehicle between the roadblock you just rammed and the next one in front of you.
3. Collect sniper rifle from trees to your right.
4. Shoot in this order with sniper rifle - 1. Guard on top of tower furthest from you (tower is my description of the elevated positions to the right which are reached by the steps) 2. Shoot other guard on tower closest to you 3. Shoot guard on top of container in front of you 4&5 Shoot guards next to roadblock
5. Run forward and collect the weapons dropped by the guards next to the checkpopint.
6. Use M16 to clear path to tower and climb up.
7. The chopper will take off and will destroy the lorry for you.
8. Snipe at visible guards with M16 using short burst to clear the way to the building.
9. Run to the building and ..........

This should help you get to the building so I will let you do the rest yourself. If you have trouble after my tips post again and I will tell you what to do. There is no point in me totally spoiling it for you.
Tue 18/12/01 at 17:05
Regular
"Tag as above"
"The Exchange"

We tried about 6 time at lunch time, but we just cant get to the end.

I can get past the truck that comes after you, but soon after that I completey run out of health.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.