GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Anyone interested in console LAN gaming?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 18/03/03 at 10:29
Regular
I expect everyone kows what a LAN gaming centre is, well its predominantly for pc's but would anyone be interested in one for consoles, if you could play online against other people using fast braodband access, on all three major consoles!

can anyone here please register their interest, and whether they would be interested.

thanks
Mon 26/04/04 at 18:32
Regular
But surely the feeling you get when you blow away one of your mates on PC UT/Quake/Battlefield 1942/Call of duty is something that can't be matched? :oP
Mon 26/04/04 at 06:50
Regular
How old is this topic??

*checks*

Bladdy hell!

Well, if you're still enquiring, this would be something I'd like to see.

IMO, console LAN gaming would prove far more fun than PC LAN gaming.
Sun 25/04/04 at 17:41
Regular
You seem to imply that LAN games are not as good on consoles as they are on PC because of the fact that they are on a console. That's obviously not true. If a game isn't as rewarding then it's because of its features which is not platform dependent to the degree that consoles couldn't mimic most of PCs possibilities.

I've just set up a LAN network at my house with switches in 3 rooms where there are also other PCs and TVs. I've got a broadband adaptor for my Dreamcast and also have an Xbox. They're all hooked up and now just waiting for an ideal time to get some mates together so we can have a blast. I'm not going to enter a console vs. pc debate but it's good to have the choice.
Tue 10/06/03 at 18:42
Regular
"Subliminal messenge"
I think it is a much better idea to set up a computer LAN rather than a console one, even though it is more expensive. There are very few games on consoles wich have LAN capabilities and even fewer are any good. Me and a friend linked two XBOX together and play Halo fairly reguarly with up to six friends at any one time, even though this might sound very fun there are far less options on console LAN games and the gameplay can become very repetetive. Also I think that less people would be interested in console gaming because they lack great multiplayer games such as Battlefield 1942 and Counter-Strike.

Hope that helps,

Mr. No shoes

P.S. Are you planning to set up a LAN cafe?
Tue 25/03/03 at 10:43
Regular
"The World is Dead"
yeah i would actually

what you thinking of doing
Tue 18/03/03 at 10:29
Regular
"aliens exist"
I expect everyone kows what a LAN gaming centre is, well its predominantly for pc's but would anyone be interested in one for consoles, if you could play online against other people using fast braodband access, on all three major consoles!

can anyone here please register their interest, and whether they would be interested.

thanks

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.