GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Nintendo - The Gameboys, NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, and Mario"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 18/03/03 at 16:40
Regular
Nintendo must be very famous, since Nintendo produced the NES, the SNES, the N64, the Gamecube, and the whole line of Gameboys: Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, and soon to be, the Gameboy Advance SP! That's five Gameboys right there.

What's best about the Gameboys is that they are handheld. You can take them anywhere! The first Gameboy was the original Gameboy. It was awesome when it first came out, but when the next one came out, the original Gameboy was old news.

The next Gameboy was the Gameboy Pocket. It was good, since it was was bigger than the original Gameboy. Plus, the screen was bigger. The Gameboy Pocket could play original Gameboy games and Gameboy Pocket Games, so that attracted many customers.

The next Gameboy that came out was the Gameboy Color. The Gameboy Color had actual color, unlike the others before it. The Gameboy Color could play Gameboy games, Gameboy Pocket games, and its own Gameboy Color games.
So the Gameboy Color was the average gamer's system, until...

The Gameboy Advance came out. The Gameboy Advance was the first Gameboy to have its own shaped games. The Gameboy Advance games were much smaller than Gameboy games, Gameboy Pocket games, and Gameboy Color games. The GBA, as some people call it, could play all kinds of Gameboy games! The GBA was the widest Gameboy ever. It even had two new buttons, the left and right buttons. The left and right buttons were used in only the GBA games, but they were used to enlarge the screen for all the other games, since the other Gameboys had a thinner screen, smaller playing image, and smaller resolution. Those features really attracted customers. The GBA was all-that!!!

The GBASP (Gameboy Advance SP) will be coming out on March 23, in the US, so I don't have much to say about this version of the GBA, except that it will be the greatest Gameboy system yet, no duh!

The Nintendo Entertainment System, also called the NES, was the very first Nintendo product ever to hit stores, I think. For a system that's about 80 years old, it had great graphics for its time! But then, the Super Nintendo Entertainment System, also known as the SNES, came out and took over. It had even greater graphics and gameplay. I don't have much more to say about these two systems, because I never had them.

The Nintendo 64. I don't know why it was called "64." It came out in between the Gameboy Pocket and Gameboy Color. It had more games than both NES and SNES. It was the first Nintendo product that had curved game cartridges. It was also the first Nintendo product that had a Memory Expansion slot for slightly larger games, such as Donkey Kong 64. The controllers had a slot for rumble packs and for Gameboy Receivers
Wed 19/03/03 at 14:22
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
Mario Kart 64 was superb - the power sliding really sorted the men from the boys, as did the inspired shortcuts which were just too hard to use every race, but too tempting to leave out.

However, there is one reason and one reason alone I'd put the original even higher - the amazing battle mode was far better in it. Still love it, when my old friends were home at Xmas we set it up and had a cracker couple of hour of multiplayer. Halo sat untouched while everyone crowded around the SNES.
Wed 19/03/03 at 13:34
Regular
"Not your monkey"
froots wrote:
> xboteb wrote:
> The first Gameboy was the original Gameboy.

Inspired piece of quoting there.
Wed 19/03/03 at 13:32
Regular
xboteb wrote:
> The first Gameboy was the original Gameboy.
Wed 19/03/03 at 12:28
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
I concur.
SNES Mario Kart: Best game ever.
Mario Kart 64: a bit of a disappointment with its over reliance on using the power-slide function to go round corners and general slippery handling.
Wed 19/03/03 at 12:26
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
I hate playing MK64 and then going back to Mario Kart, the game feels to terribly S L O W.
Wed 19/03/03 at 12:24
"Darkness, always"
Whitestripes just dropped drastically in my estimation.

*shakes head*

Dear oh dear...
Wed 19/03/03 at 12:22
Regular
"Not your monkey"
I'm still disgusted.
Tue 18/03/03 at 18:34
Regular
"Not your monkey"
Sacrilege!!!!!

Get out of my sight. I will not hear another word from you.
Tue 18/03/03 at 18:30
Regular
pfffttt

Mario Kart 64 was superb, much better than the original.
Tue 18/03/03 at 16:52
"Darkness, always"
Agreed. Mario Kart 64 was a grave disappointment.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.