GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Nintendo - The Gameboys, NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, and Mario"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 18/03/03 at 16:56
Regular
Nintendo must be very famous, since Nintendo produced the NES, the SNES, the N64, the Gamecube, and the whole line of Gameboys: Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, and soon to be, the Gameboy Advance SP! That's five Gameboys right there.

What's best about the Gameboys is that they are handheld. You can take them anywhere! The first Gameboy was the original Gameboy. It was awesome when it first came out, but when the next one came out, the original Gameboy was old news.

The next Gameboy was the Gameboy Pocket. It was good, since it was was bigger than the original Gameboy. Plus, the screen was bigger. The Gameboy Pocket could play original Gameboy games and Gameboy Pocket Games, so that attracted many customers.

The next Gameboy that came out was the Gameboy Color. The Gameboy Color had actual color, unlike the others before it. The Gameboy Color could play Gameboy games, Gameboy Pocket games, and its own Gameboy Color games.
The Gameboy Color was the average gamer's system, until...

The Gameboy Advance came out. The Gameboy Advance was the first Gameboy to have its own shaped games. The Gameboy Advance games were much smaller than Gameboy games, Gameboy Pocket games, and Gameboy Color games. The GBA, as some people call it, could play all kinds of Gameboy games! The GBA was the widest Gameboy, too. It even had two new buttons, the left and right buttons, which were placed on the top of the Gameboy Advance. The left and right buttons were used in only the GBA games, but they were used to enlarge the playing image for all the other games, since the other Gameboys had a thinner screen, smaller playing image, and smaller resolution. Those features really attracted customers. The GBA was all-that!!!

The GBASP (Gameboy Advance SP) will be coming out on March 23, in the US, so I don't have much to say about this version of the GBA, except that it will be the greatest Gameboy system yet, no duh!

The Nintendo Entertainment System, also called the NES, was the very first Nintendo product ever to hit stores, I think. For a system that's about 80 years old, it had great graphics for its time! But then, the Super Nintendo Entertainment System, also known as the SNES, came out and took over. It had even greater graphics and gameplay. I don't have much more to say about these two systems, because I never had them.

The Nintendo 64. I don't know why it was called "64." It came out in between the Gameboy Pocket and Gameboy Color. It had more games than both NES and SNES. It was the first Nintendo product that had curved game cartridges. It was also the first Nintendo product that had a Memory Expansion slot for slightly larger games, such as Donkey Kong 64. The controllers had a slot for rumble packs and for Gameboy Receivers. The N64 was a great product.

Then, the Nintendo Gamecube whizzed to stores. The Nintendo Gamecube was the first and probably not last Nintendo product that uses mini-sized CDs. The Gamecube has extremely great graphics, and it also has long games that will keep the customer entertained for weeks! Sure, the games might seem expensive, but it's worth it, believe me! The Gamecube is the first system to have 5.1 Surround Sound Speakers, which, by the way, produce great sound. The Gamecube has two Memory Card slots, and the first Nintendo Multi-Tap which lets you play with up to 15 players, if inserted correctly. The best Memory Card available is the 251-Block Memory Card.

Mario was Nintendo's character. There has been more than 65 games for Nintendo systems that included Mario. Mario is my favrite Nintendo character, and I hope he is yours, too.
Tue 18/03/03 at 17:07
Regular
"thursdayton!"
xboteb wrote:
>That's five Gameboys right there.

You forgot Gameboy Lite :P

> The Gameboy Advance came out. The Gameboy Advance was the first
> Gameboy to have its own shaped games.
Actually the BGC carts were domed at the top to stop insertion into a regular GB, unless you hacked off the bit of plastic that the switch pushed across. Like me :) Did you know all GBC games have a screen telling you to insert it into a GBC and not a GB?

> The Nintendo Entertainment System, also called the NES, was the very
> first Nintendo product ever to hit stores
They had been a company for about 100 years before that, so no.

> For a system that's about 80 years old
Heehee. :D

> The Nintendo 64. I don't know why it was called "64."
It was 64-bit.

> It came out in between the Gameboy Pocket and Gameboy Color.
Dunno about that.. But I could be wrong here.

> games than both NES and SNES. It was the first Nintendo product that
> had curved game cartridges.
GBC carts had curves :P

> It was also the first Nintendo product [and only one, I think]
> that had a Memory Expansion slot for slightly larger games

> Then, the Nintendo Gamecube whizzed to stores.
It was long overdue.

> The Gamecube is the first system to have 5.1 Surround Sound Speakers,
Ha. If only..

> the first Nintendo Multi-Tap which lets you play with
> up to 15 players, if inserted correctly.
Never ever heard of this.

> The best Memory Card available is the 251-Block Memory Card.
Debatable, but I'd say 4Gamers 16MB card actually.
Tue 18/03/03 at 17:00
Regular
"Hallelujah"
So many people want to say this (and some will) why isnt this in the nintendo section of SR? o well, it was a well researched post and i enjoyed it anyway.
Tue 18/03/03 at 16:59
Regular
"Not your monkey"
erm, didnt you just post this?
Tue 18/03/03 at 16:56
Regular
"I love games!!!"
Nintendo must be very famous, since Nintendo produced the NES, the SNES, the N64, the Gamecube, and the whole line of Gameboys: Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, and soon to be, the Gameboy Advance SP! That's five Gameboys right there.

What's best about the Gameboys is that they are handheld. You can take them anywhere! The first Gameboy was the original Gameboy. It was awesome when it first came out, but when the next one came out, the original Gameboy was old news.

The next Gameboy was the Gameboy Pocket. It was good, since it was was bigger than the original Gameboy. Plus, the screen was bigger. The Gameboy Pocket could play original Gameboy games and Gameboy Pocket Games, so that attracted many customers.

The next Gameboy that came out was the Gameboy Color. The Gameboy Color had actual color, unlike the others before it. The Gameboy Color could play Gameboy games, Gameboy Pocket games, and its own Gameboy Color games.
The Gameboy Color was the average gamer's system, until...

The Gameboy Advance came out. The Gameboy Advance was the first Gameboy to have its own shaped games. The Gameboy Advance games were much smaller than Gameboy games, Gameboy Pocket games, and Gameboy Color games. The GBA, as some people call it, could play all kinds of Gameboy games! The GBA was the widest Gameboy, too. It even had two new buttons, the left and right buttons, which were placed on the top of the Gameboy Advance. The left and right buttons were used in only the GBA games, but they were used to enlarge the playing image for all the other games, since the other Gameboys had a thinner screen, smaller playing image, and smaller resolution. Those features really attracted customers. The GBA was all-that!!!

The GBASP (Gameboy Advance SP) will be coming out on March 23, in the US, so I don't have much to say about this version of the GBA, except that it will be the greatest Gameboy system yet, no duh!

The Nintendo Entertainment System, also called the NES, was the very first Nintendo product ever to hit stores, I think. For a system that's about 80 years old, it had great graphics for its time! But then, the Super Nintendo Entertainment System, also known as the SNES, came out and took over. It had even greater graphics and gameplay. I don't have much more to say about these two systems, because I never had them.

The Nintendo 64. I don't know why it was called "64." It came out in between the Gameboy Pocket and Gameboy Color. It had more games than both NES and SNES. It was the first Nintendo product that had curved game cartridges. It was also the first Nintendo product that had a Memory Expansion slot for slightly larger games, such as Donkey Kong 64. The controllers had a slot for rumble packs and for Gameboy Receivers. The N64 was a great product.

Then, the Nintendo Gamecube whizzed to stores. The Nintendo Gamecube was the first and probably not last Nintendo product that uses mini-sized CDs. The Gamecube has extremely great graphics, and it also has long games that will keep the customer entertained for weeks! Sure, the games might seem expensive, but it's worth it, believe me! The Gamecube is the first system to have 5.1 Surround Sound Speakers, which, by the way, produce great sound. The Gamecube has two Memory Card slots, and the first Nintendo Multi-Tap which lets you play with up to 15 players, if inserted correctly. The best Memory Card available is the 251-Block Memory Card.

Mario was Nintendo's character. There has been more than 65 games for Nintendo systems that included Mario. Mario is my favrite Nintendo character, and I hope he is yours, too.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.