GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Adding databases within your website"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 15/08/11 at 15:49
Regular
I am making a new website and happy enough with making websites and uploading them, but i want to have 2 sections to this website, i want a log in facility so that only certain users can log in, once in a want to store customers details on a database, for example their address and phone numbers etc

What is the best way to do this, i have no database experience, so please explain in numbties speak
Thu 18/08/11 at 20:18
Regular
"Ctrl, Alt, Woof"
I've posted a couple articles (which hmmm...'s search link picks up) about MySQL databases and how to use php for data submission.

If you're not making any progress and still need help then let me know and I'll steer you in the right direction.

JTD
Mon 15/08/11 at 16:02
"Are you sure?"
Hi and welcome to the forums!

I'm also a database numpty - but a few people here are experts so hopefully will be along shortly.

You'll need Freeola MySQL - info here.

While you're waiting for a proper answer you might also like to read up on some previous similar questions covering this:
Search Freeola - database+login
Other Search Engines are available!

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Mon 15/08/11 at 15:49
Regular
I am making a new website and happy enough with making websites and uploading them, but i want to have 2 sections to this website, i want a log in facility so that only certain users can log in, once in a want to store customers details on a database, for example their address and phone numbers etc

What is the best way to do this, i have no database experience, so please explain in numbties speak

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.