GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Shenmue 2-excellent or failure"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 17/12/01 at 22:55
Regular
do u think Shenmue 2 was worth th wait.
i thought it was an excellent game but let down at the translations. why didnt they just translate it?
Tue 09/08/11 at 18:26
Evenin....

We're looking at doing a local ride tomorrow due to the iffy weather.

Meet at the Hare & Hounds for a 5:50pm departure.

Route/s to be decided ;)

Next week we may do Grindleton with a few extra twist's :)
This is a challenging but super ride, we'll add a couple of new bits to it to make it longer as the original route is only 9 miles.
The last time we did this ride was June 2010!!!

PK
Tue 18/12/01 at 10:22
Regular
Shenmue has been a glorious failure - a bit like the Dreamcast itself: the best things are always pushed down and trampled on by the crap.
Tue 18/12/01 at 00:50
Continuations - not sequels. There is a difference and that should be noted.

"I'm quite happy with them speaking chinese"

Then you'll be disappointed to learn they're speaking Japanese.

There's around 3 times the amount of speech in Shenmue 2 than the first, it would have taken a few years to translate - it's annoying at first, but you get used to the subtitles, and they make the game more authentic - more purposeful.

I personally feel the gameplay doesn't need to be changed at all, it's brilliant in my opinion.

The graphics are sensational, the characters have character and the red trees? Superb!

The game rules, shame it hasn't sold that well, but when it finds it's way onto the XBox, they'll be going on about it then - top stuff Suzuki-San.

;)
Tue 18/12/01 at 00:22
"Uzi Lover"
Anyway, they can't just keep making sequels to the game as the gameplay will get tedious and boring if they don't change it. Sega need to think some stuff up for the next installments of Shenmue.
Tue 18/12/01 at 00:21
"Uzi Lover"
HaSSy wrote:
The game is great, it had people thinking you was
> going to get to fight Lan Di. Once again you get close to fighting Lan Di.. but
> in the end you don't which is really frustrating.

Oh great, now there's no point me playing it is there....
Mon 17/12/01 at 23:45
If they would of converted all the language to English it would of taken a heck of along time and you would of been delayed even more (do you realise how much is needed to be translated?!), I'm quite happy with them speaking chinese it gives the effect off, although I admit you can understand the story line easier when they speak in English.
The game is great, it had people thinking you was going to get to fight Lan Di. Once again you get close to fighting Lan Di.. but in the end you don't which is really frustrating. Shenmue 3 will be a great game if it maintains performances of it previous games. I think you will kill Lan Di in the 3rd game. Then I think there will be a 4th game and it will advance like Star Wars. Maybe you will be Iwao Hazuki 10 years before you kill Lan Di or something, this would be really intersting and great fun to see what actually happened etc.
Mon 17/12/01 at 23:16
Regular
uk_vamp wrote:

and subtitles aren't that bad
> but then again going by your spelling you probably can't read. just play it with
> your mum and she can read all the big words for you.

Now come on.
Mon 17/12/01 at 23:13
Regular
uk_vamp wrote:
> but then again going by your spelling you probably can't read. just play it with
> your mum and she can read all the big words for you.

LOL!
Mon 17/12/01 at 23:10
Regular
"Maximum Homerdrive"
i think it's better as the english voices didn't really go.

it's a great game with a cool story i can't wait till the third.

and subtitles aren't that bad but then again going by your spelling you probably can't read. just play it with your mum and she can read all the big words for you.

if you don't like it you shouldn't play RPG's and anyway the early Final fantasy games were subtitled with no speach at all so it's no different.
Mon 17/12/01 at 23:05
Regular
Final fantasy Hero wrote:
> Yeah.

get over it then

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.