GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PS3 Motorstorm"

The "Retro Game Reviews" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'MotorStorm'.
Sat 30/06/07 at 21:56
Regular
Motorstorm
Genre: Racing
Players: 1
Network Play: Yes
Network Players: 2-12
Release Date: OUT NOW
Rating: 12+

Motorstorm was one of the PS3 launch games which came to stores on the 23rd March 2007 , I had been reading many things online about this before it was realeased so i knew what to expect , basically there was around 8 cars,motorbikes,big rigs,rally cars each with different versions for example custom coloured and designed ones for you to race on this off road racer. When i got this on launch day and put it into my PS3 the first thing i noticed was the loading times i must say they was abit slow , when i got to the main menu and just had a quick race to test things out it took around 40 seconds for me to pick my vehicle to the start of the race , but after the wait i was impressed with the High Definition Graphics , i was amazed but the visuals of this game , i was racing and as the track was muddy there was mud going all over the car and evan splattering on the tv screen! it was really good and lifelike.

After playing this for a while i noticed there is only around 7-8 tracks for you to race on , but i wonder like Resistance Fall Of Man if they will do an update with different tracks and Resistance did with adding new maps, The crashes are something that really stands out, the burning of the car to bits flying everywhere. Out of the games i own Motorstorm has the best Graphics to date, and if you dont have this game i suggest you get it! The cars to the mud splattering all over your car and on your screen has so much attention to details.

The gameplay is awsome, both online or off using boost will make you go much faster but dont hold on for it to long as your car,motorbike,big rig, will overheat and blow up before your very eyes. If your on a quad bike or motorbike and theres a computer component or online component near you , you can make signs at them and evan punch them so they are forced off there veichle, which really adds tention to your gameplay experience.

I then tryed it online first thing i had to do was install a 1.1 update, after i done that i was ready for action there was certain games you could join and certain vehicles only and a selected track, online is pretty much the same as the offline mode apart from your playing against other people around the world compared to just racing the computer. People have been complaining about a speed boost glitch where it was classed as cheating but the makers of Motorstorm have now sorted this with update 1.2 , also added with the new update is a new Time Trial Mode, you pick the vehicle and the track and you can set random ghost cars to see if you can make it to the number 1 spot on the online Motorstorm League board, its also an added bonus and it makes the game much more funner to play.

Overall my opinions on this game are that in my eyes it has the best PS3 graphics at the moment they are very slick, looks lifelike to me , the mud to the crashing is something that will make you go wow! the gameplay is so much fun aswell and its quite a fast paced game especially when you use your boost! only downside to me is the loading times but i think when the 1.2 update came out the loading times were a little quicker or it might have just been me, theres news that there are going to be more cars,tracks going to be able to download later this year, so this game could get evan better than it already is! one thing i do hope they add is a 2 player offline mode.

Graphics: 10/10
Sound: 8/10
Gameplay: 9/10
Online/multiplayer: 8/10
Lifespan: 9/10
90%
Sat 07/07/07 at 21:44
Regular
Yes,Thank-You.
Sat 07/07/07 at 20:21
"LOLLERSKATES!"
The review. He means is it YOUR review.
Tue 03/07/07 at 22:12
Regular
Chaos wrote:
> I don't mean to offend, but is this one on the level?

Is what on the level?
Tue 03/07/07 at 20:34
"LOLLERSKATES!"
I doubt it. His grammar is usually a lot worse.
Tue 03/07/07 at 20:28
Regular
"Mooching around"
I don't mean to offend, but is this one on the level?
Sat 30/06/07 at 21:56
Regular
Motorstorm
Genre: Racing
Players: 1
Network Play: Yes
Network Players: 2-12
Release Date: OUT NOW
Rating: 12+

Motorstorm was one of the PS3 launch games which came to stores on the 23rd March 2007 , I had been reading many things online about this before it was realeased so i knew what to expect , basically there was around 8 cars,motorbikes,big rigs,rally cars each with different versions for example custom coloured and designed ones for you to race on this off road racer. When i got this on launch day and put it into my PS3 the first thing i noticed was the loading times i must say they was abit slow , when i got to the main menu and just had a quick race to test things out it took around 40 seconds for me to pick my vehicle to the start of the race , but after the wait i was impressed with the High Definition Graphics , i was amazed but the visuals of this game , i was racing and as the track was muddy there was mud going all over the car and evan splattering on the tv screen! it was really good and lifelike.

After playing this for a while i noticed there is only around 7-8 tracks for you to race on , but i wonder like Resistance Fall Of Man if they will do an update with different tracks and Resistance did with adding new maps, The crashes are something that really stands out, the burning of the car to bits flying everywhere. Out of the games i own Motorstorm has the best Graphics to date, and if you dont have this game i suggest you get it! The cars to the mud splattering all over your car and on your screen has so much attention to details.

The gameplay is awsome, both online or off using boost will make you go much faster but dont hold on for it to long as your car,motorbike,big rig, will overheat and blow up before your very eyes. If your on a quad bike or motorbike and theres a computer component or online component near you , you can make signs at them and evan punch them so they are forced off there veichle, which really adds tention to your gameplay experience.

I then tryed it online first thing i had to do was install a 1.1 update, after i done that i was ready for action there was certain games you could join and certain vehicles only and a selected track, online is pretty much the same as the offline mode apart from your playing against other people around the world compared to just racing the computer. People have been complaining about a speed boost glitch where it was classed as cheating but the makers of Motorstorm have now sorted this with update 1.2 , also added with the new update is a new Time Trial Mode, you pick the vehicle and the track and you can set random ghost cars to see if you can make it to the number 1 spot on the online Motorstorm League board, its also an added bonus and it makes the game much more funner to play.

Overall my opinions on this game are that in my eyes it has the best PS3 graphics at the moment they are very slick, looks lifelike to me , the mud to the crashing is something that will make you go wow! the gameplay is so much fun aswell and its quite a fast paced game especially when you use your boost! only downside to me is the loading times but i think when the 1.2 update came out the loading times were a little quicker or it might have just been me, theres news that there are going to be more cars,tracks going to be able to download later this year, so this game could get evan better than it already is! one thing i do hope they add is a 2 player offline mode.

Graphics: 10/10
Sound: 8/10
Gameplay: 9/10
Online/multiplayer: 8/10
Lifespan: 9/10
90%

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.