GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Which E-Commerce online software would people recommend"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 16/07/11 at 19:09
Regular
Hi I wonder if any of the more experienced forum members could help.

I have had a website up and running on Freeola fro a few years and I am now looking to create a small e-commerce site to add-on.

I've seen various online sites that will allow me design and host the site - which I assume I can then link through to from my Freeola site. Some of these are £4 per month other much more.

There are SO many options, has anyone setup an e-commerce shop using this type of online software?

MANY THANKS FOR YOUR TIME

Don't know if I need to say based in UK.
Mon 18/07/11 at 17:31
"Are you sure?"
So not quite what the original poster was looking for?
i.e. "online software" ;¬)

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Mon 18/07/11 at 16:33
Staff
"Look! There's a..."
Hmmm... wrote:
Hi Numnut,
Aren't those shopping cart s/w packages rather than hosted solutions?

I think 'walkingthedog' may have a Freeola InstantPro site going from a previous post - I guess those packages would require a normal Freeola hosting package?

That's right, they're not 'hosted solutions' but e-commerce cms's (or something like that). You would need VIP with MySQL or Standard free hosting with sql to use either of the options I suggested.
Mon 18/07/11 at 13:10
"Are you sure?"
Hi Numnut,
Aren't those shopping cart s/w packages rather than hosted solutions?

I think 'walkingthedog' may have a Freeola InstantPro site going from a previous post - I guess those packages would require a normal Freeola hosting package?

[s]Hmmm...[/s] My Freeola InstantPro Site
Mon 18/07/11 at 11:39
Staff
"Look! There's a..."
Hi,

A couple that we have used here in the past are Zen Cart, which is pretty straightforward to configure, and you can add paypal really quite easily.

Some of the template style can look a bit square though.....

There's also Open Cart which is also fairly easy to get to grips with, and this one looks a bit more flashy than Zen Cart.

Both are free packages, and the Zen cart support forum was really helpful too.
Mon 18/07/11 at 09:28
"Are you sure?"
Hi 'walkingthedog',
I haven't any real experience of using 'hosted' eCommerce services. Which ones have you looked at so far?

Coincidently I've just been asked to look at EKMpower's offering.
I'm sure this works fine for some people but after looking at their sample shops and some 3rd party forum chat I wasn't at all impressed!

eCommerce still seems to be a bit of a nightmare to sort out and I normally try to avoid it as you can spend so much time on it - but every once in a while I get pulled back into it.

I too would be interested in other people's views in case they have found a good solution.

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Sat 16/07/11 at 19:09
Regular
Hi I wonder if any of the more experienced forum members could help.

I have had a website up and running on Freeola fro a few years and I am now looking to create a small e-commerce site to add-on.

I've seen various online sites that will allow me design and host the site - which I assume I can then link through to from my Freeola site. Some of these are £4 per month other much more.

There are SO many options, has anyone setup an e-commerce shop using this type of online software?

MANY THANKS FOR YOUR TIME

Don't know if I need to say based in UK.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.