GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"x-box not using potential"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 18/03/03 at 21:11
Regular
X-box has the most potential among the game consoles these days so why dont they use it i mean most of the games on x-box the graphics are average in exeption of Splinter Cell etc. but every game on x-box should be graphically superb but unfortunately there not can no1 challenge the x-box's capabilities????
Wed 19/03/03 at 17:44
Regular
Then you've obviously never played any of the games I've listed. Halo does not beat Timesplitters 2 on multiplayer, let alone any of the others.
Tue 18/03/03 at 23:38
Regular
"smile, it's free"
Halo's only overrated if you haven't played much multiplayer on it. On four way split screen or linkup modes it is easily the most enjoyable FPS I've ever played.
Tue 18/03/03 at 23:26
Regular
Yeah, there are some much better FPS out there - Timesplitters 2, Deus Ex, Goldeneye 007 and Jedi Knight II to name but a few.
Tue 18/03/03 at 23:22
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
I agree with the Halo overrated comment. It is a good title with some fantastic moments and plenty of cool action, but it is hugley overrated by the masses. GoldenEye still rules the console FPS roost.
Tue 18/03/03 at 23:21
Regular
Maverick42 wrote:
> Morrowind is the only game I've got any enjoyment out of

Sorry, poorly worded. Morrowind's the only game I've got SUFFECIENT enjoyment out of. I liked Halo, and it was good fun - a damn good effort, and a solid title probably worth owning (just not as good as people say, and few if not no new ideas).
Tue 18/03/03 at 23:19
Regular
Halo's massively overrated, and is no more than an 8/10 in my books. Something special? Certainly not. Splinter Cell is good, but too slow moving and linear to compete with the excellent Metal Gear Solid 2. Plus, it's a multiformat game anyway. Jet Set Radio Future is just boring.

Morrowind is the only game I've got any enjoyment out of, and though a fantastic exclusive, it can't stop the Xbox being a fairly crap piece of hardware to own at the moment. Having said that, the future does look nice - which is why I'll be getting one, should they drop in price.
Tue 18/03/03 at 23:08
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
I’ve been a bit disappointed by the Xbox over the last few months. When I got it before Christmas I enjoyed the great Halo, Splinter Cell and Jet Set Radio Future, but there haven’t really been any other games that have interested me recently. It’s looked a bit poor in 2003 to be honest.
Tue 18/03/03 at 23:04
Regular
The Xbox annoys me. Most of what you hear is rubbish - propaganda. There's one game worth getting, despite the fact it's alledgedly the 'most powerful gaming experience'. Bollards to that I say.
Tue 18/03/03 at 21:51
Yes, some of the games are excellent, like splinter cell, but some games really are not very good graphics, like fuzion frenzy...
Tue 18/03/03 at 21:34
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
Thats microsoft for you...

Plus Nintendo have a fair share of 2nd party developers at their fingers...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.