GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"how do you add HTML code to your webpage "

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 11/07/11 at 10:17
Regular
I want to embed a twitter feed and Google +1 onto my website, but i can't even see how I add the code. Keep reading about viewing source code, and text editer and HTML view - but going round in circles. I'm sure it is very easy, but it's confusing the hell out of me. Nice but Dim, Dom
Tue 12/07/11 at 10:22
"Are you sure?"
Nice one Numnut :¬)

Just to make things clearer for people. I used this code from Google:

<script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google. com/js/plusone.js"></script>
<div class="g-plusone" data-size="standard" data-count="true"></div>

InstantPro changes it to this after you've saved things, but it all works fine (you won't see the +1 Button until you save/preview):

<script src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
<div class="g-plusone"></div>

FYI On your 'instantprotutorials' site it displays a couple of JavaScript errors but they don't seem related to this code.

[s]Hmmm...[/s] My Freeola InstantPro Site

EDIT:
I had to insert a space here: "apis.google. com" to make Freeola's forum accept it in case anyone copies this! Grrrrrrr...
Tue 12/07/11 at 09:38
Staff
"Look! There's a..."
We've got this working in InstantPro - you're right about the g tag, it will get stripped out, however there is an alternate solution.....

Alternate Solution

Basically, you will still need to include the external js script tags, however you can use the html editor to add a div with a class of g-plusone wherever you wish the plus one to appear.

Google Plus one on InstantPro
Mon 11/07/11 at 14:38
Regular
thanks. All sorted. Knew it would be easy enough, just couldn't work it out.
Mon 11/07/11 at 11:28
"Are you sure?"
Hi Butch,
Re. 'Google +1' button.

Someone emailed me over the weekend asking if I had had any success adding a +1 button to an InstantPro website - they mentioned they use my InstantPro 'Dropdown menu' hack :¬)

I had a play but it looks like your editor strips out the <g> tags so it doesn't work.

They did mention Freeola were investigating - are you saying this has now been sorted?

EDIT: Welcome to the forums domburch!

Thanks,
[s]Hmmm...[/s] My Freeola InstantPro Site

FWIW
I've just had another attempt at adding the Google +1 code and the tag still gets removed by the InstantPro editor...
Mon 11/07/11 at 11:00
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
Assuming you are using our InstantPro service, we actually provide a guide, amongst others, on adding a Twitter feed to InstantPro which can be viewed here.

While there is no guide currently on adding a Google+ icon to your site, one may well be added in the future should it 'take off', you can add the given HTML code fairly easily. Every standard page within InstantPro will give an 'HTML' button when editing the content, this can be found in the same section as the Bold, Italic and Links icons. This will open a new window showing you the HTML of the page you are on. Once you have found the section in which you would like the icon to appear simply paste the code given to you by Google+.

If you are unsure about making changes to the HTML of your page, we would always advise testing on copies of your pages (or unpublished ones) before altering the live content.
Mon 11/07/11 at 10:17
Regular
I want to embed a twitter feed and Google +1 onto my website, but i can't even see how I add the code. Keep reading about viewing source code, and text editer and HTML view - but going round in circles. I'm sure it is very easy, but it's confusing the hell out of me. Nice but Dim, Dom

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.