GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"We've lost the meaning"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 31/08/00 at 15:44
Regular
Everything seems to revolve around which console has the best stats, loyalty to whatever company who's machine you last bought, and nobody seems to remember what it's all about anyway.

However big the numbers after technical words are, the machine is only a way to get to play games. It's the games that are important, the machine just a tool to get to them.

Loyalties. Why? All the companies are simply trying to make money out of us. Fair enough, it's their job, their trying to make a living. But they don't show us loyalty. They don't deserve it from us, and when we give unconditional allegiance with Sony, Sega or Nintendo, we cut off the options of other consoles, and hence a better set of games. We give up on the whole point of the thing, so we can be played like a violin in the hands of Vannessa Mae. They milk us because we're too blind to see it, and it'll carry on untill we show that we've woken up to their tricks, and we're going to take our business to whoever can furnish our gaming needs best.

Sure your stats are a guide to a machines potential to run great games, maybe experience of a playstation means you trust sony to do the same with PS2, but all anything like this shows is potential, and as my football coach will tell you, potential is derived from a french word meaning you haven't achieved sh.... ..anything yet.

So how about we wait and see what the games are like on the n-gen consoles before we make our (expensive) decisions? It could just save you from blindly shouting your love for your second rate dissapointment of a then purely music cd player in a few months time.
Thu 31/08/00 at 15:44
Regular
"Under the Wall"
Everything seems to revolve around which console has the best stats, loyalty to whatever company who's machine you last bought, and nobody seems to remember what it's all about anyway.

However big the numbers after technical words are, the machine is only a way to get to play games. It's the games that are important, the machine just a tool to get to them.

Loyalties. Why? All the companies are simply trying to make money out of us. Fair enough, it's their job, their trying to make a living. But they don't show us loyalty. They don't deserve it from us, and when we give unconditional allegiance with Sony, Sega or Nintendo, we cut off the options of other consoles, and hence a better set of games. We give up on the whole point of the thing, so we can be played like a violin in the hands of Vannessa Mae. They milk us because we're too blind to see it, and it'll carry on untill we show that we've woken up to their tricks, and we're going to take our business to whoever can furnish our gaming needs best.

Sure your stats are a guide to a machines potential to run great games, maybe experience of a playstation means you trust sony to do the same with PS2, but all anything like this shows is potential, and as my football coach will tell you, potential is derived from a french word meaning you haven't achieved sh.... ..anything yet.

So how about we wait and see what the games are like on the n-gen consoles before we make our (expensive) decisions? It could just save you from blindly shouting your love for your second rate dissapointment of a then purely music cd player in a few months time.
Thu 31/08/00 at 23:12
The future is here the future is nigh,
Great games are coming, that you cannot deny,

The race is on, and who will win?
It is not as if the market is thin,

So many consoles, which is the best,
I'm just not sure into which one to invest,

They all look superb, that's one thing that's true,
And in the end my friends it's all up to you,

But please be sure when choosing, consider it well,
Coz in the end only time will tell,

If good games keep coming, and i hope they do
the future looks bright for me and you!!!

Thanks!!!
Thu 31/08/00 at 23:24
This poem was written by snoochies bro

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.