GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"game rip offs"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 19/03/03 at 12:17
Regular
There are so many great games out there,some reasonably new like UT2003 and some old like half life and me personally think they deserve more than a game to come out which includes most of the things that made the original great and saying things like "never seen before features" which is just a lie.

Take for example Max Payne, this won some awards for originality for the 'bullet time' feature that was as far as I know never put into a game before but now dead to rights is out and has also got 'bullet time' and the kind of same story line to max payne.
I know dead to rights will never win any awards because the game is rubbish.

If games are going to include features out of another game then why lie about it and say things like "never seen before features" and instead say for example
"includes the Max payne bullet time",
this may even boost sales as poeple might think "oh,i remember max payne, that bullet time was great"

also have any of you seen the upcoming game Breed which promises halo type action?
looks good
Wed 19/03/03 at 15:37
"For the horde!!!!"
Hopefully the Matrix game will be a decent game it uses the bullet time feature and is looking to be a great game, I just hope it is.

Is Half life 2 in development?
Wed 19/03/03 at 12:42
Regular
"stop staring, creep"
breed WOULD sell better if they mentioned halo. But the trouble is the people who made halo would probly want some of the money their product is generating for breed.
Wed 19/03/03 at 12:17
Regular
"Ye a know"
There are so many great games out there,some reasonably new like UT2003 and some old like half life and me personally think they deserve more than a game to come out which includes most of the things that made the original great and saying things like "never seen before features" which is just a lie.

Take for example Max Payne, this won some awards for originality for the 'bullet time' feature that was as far as I know never put into a game before but now dead to rights is out and has also got 'bullet time' and the kind of same story line to max payne.
I know dead to rights will never win any awards because the game is rubbish.

If games are going to include features out of another game then why lie about it and say things like "never seen before features" and instead say for example
"includes the Max payne bullet time",
this may even boost sales as poeple might think "oh,i remember max payne, that bullet time was great"

also have any of you seen the upcoming game Breed which promises halo type action?
looks good

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.