GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"ratchet and clank help"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Ratchet & Clank'.
Wed 19/03/03 at 15:02
Regular
Somebody please help I do not wish to be guilty of causing death to a ps2 console. I am eons behind the rest of you and have only just got a ps2 ! terrible I know and therefore I am rubbish have not played on a console since the NES was new!(don't hate me.)Anyway am stuck on Ratchet and Clank I have won the hoverboard race , took the prize back to the agent, I can't find another infobot for co-ordinates to a new planet, can't find captain quark, can't get through those tunnels with the rising water without drowning and whats with that door with the lock on the other side (it's in that area where you enter the hoverboard race) is that where you end up when you manage to get through the water tunnels????? Do you have to do more hoverboard races and reach a certain standard or what. Any help would be much appreciated by this amateur!!!!!
Mon 24/03/03 at 19:16
"period drama"
Flying Pig wrote:
> I'm currently on the final level, but am also looking for the last 2
> gold bolts. I know what world's they're on, but can't find them - so
> frustrating!!

Haven't you got the map-thingy from the gadgettron lady on the level with the 2nd hoverboard race?
The one that highlights all the secret areas up in green on the maps?
That'd help.

Otherwise, tell me what level's and I might remeber.
Mon 24/03/03 at 12:59
Regular
"Complete Banker"
I'm currently on the final level, but am also looking for the last 2 gold bolts. I know what world's they're on, but can't find them - so frustrating!!

I'm also 'saving up' for the RYNO, so basically going through each level using only the OMNI-wrench or weapons that use no ammo.

I'm slowly getting there.....
Sat 22/03/03 at 08:56
Regular
Dear Katie B,
To get to Quark you must go through the water tunnel stuff. Not optional. Pain in the bottom, but possible. What it takes is about 20 tries, perfect execution and a fair bit of luck. But more specifically, Before the gate opens, start running ie you are running immediately. Avoid jumping onto th first platform because its just an extra jump. You need to be very precise, dont slip on the curves . This will (eventually) prolong your above air time. One underwater you will be close to the end. You need to submerge as little and rise at the end early (ie X button, use your map) It's about precision and timing. The enemies are virtually irrelivent but if you have a tesla claw its not a bad thing.
When you get past that you'll get to quarks fortress. The tip for the final stage is there are 3 bridges. When you run from the monster thing, choose a new bridge each run.
talk to you anytime.....
michael
Thu 20/03/03 at 19:16
"period drama"
SleepingLionheart wrote:
> Final boss is well annoying if you run out of ammo and die then u have
> to buy more
> any tips to get a RHYNO

Do the first bit where you turn into Giant Clank on the robot factory.
You kill eveything and then jump off the cliff and you get put back at the start, with the bolts, and the enemies are there again.

This is the best way to make all the bolts, I don't know the rate exactly, but there's no better way.

And, after you jump off the cliff once, you get infinite health whilst big.
Thu 20/03/03 at 16:53
Regular
"Complete Banker"
Currently on the final boss, but have decided to 'save up' and buy the RYNO as nothing I have really does much damage and I keep running out of ammo of anything decent.

I can't think of any tips as such, I'm just going though the levels, funding the few golden bolts that I missed and enjoying the highlights....
Thu 20/03/03 at 14:36
"griever"
no no no no the heli pack is too risky if you miss just keep on jumping making no mistakes and you will be fine its quiet easy when u know where u make mistakes

Final boss is well annoying if you run out of ammo and die then u have to buy more
any tips to get a RHYNO
Wed 19/03/03 at 18:34
"period drama"
You have to get through the water tunnels to get to Captain Quark.
It's a bit tricky at first, but if you've got the heli-pack (you should have) do the stretch-jumps over the gaps to save time and try to avoid the enemies.
I think there's also a few corners you can jump over to save time - just keep trying and you'll get it eventually.
Wed 19/03/03 at 15:07
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
www.gamefaqs.com

They have walkthroughs for just about any game you can think of.
Wed 19/03/03 at 15:02
Regular
Somebody please help I do not wish to be guilty of causing death to a ps2 console. I am eons behind the rest of you and have only just got a ps2 ! terrible I know and therefore I am rubbish have not played on a console since the NES was new!(don't hate me.)Anyway am stuck on Ratchet and Clank I have won the hoverboard race , took the prize back to the agent, I can't find another infobot for co-ordinates to a new planet, can't find captain quark, can't get through those tunnels with the rising water without drowning and whats with that door with the lock on the other side (it's in that area where you enter the hoverboard race) is that where you end up when you manage to get through the water tunnels????? Do you have to do more hoverboard races and reach a certain standard or what. Any help would be much appreciated by this amateur!!!!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.