GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Controls"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 16/12/01 at 20:24
Regular
I got Super Smash Brothers the other day, but it didn't have the instructions. I picked up have the controls soon enough, then worked out how to do the moves. But when fighting against the computer they could do more moves than me that I din't know how to do. Does anyone know any other move combinations to the ones I've listed below?

R
up C (jump)
A (kick or punch)
B (characters weapon)
Up + B
Down + B
Up + A
Down + A
Jump + A
Z (sheild)
Sun 16/12/01 at 20:24
Regular
I got Super Smash Brothers the other day, but it didn't have the instructions. I picked up have the controls soon enough, then worked out how to do the moves. But when fighting against the computer they could do more moves than me that I din't know how to do. Does anyone know any other move combinations to the ones I've listed below?

R
up C (jump)
A (kick or punch)
B (characters weapon)
Up + B
Down + B
Up + A
Down + A
Jump + A
Z (sheild)
Sun 16/12/01 at 20:50
Regular
"the burning sky"
HA HA HA *Cough*Pirater/Stolen Copy*Cough*

Joe_Poly wrote:
> I got Super Smash Brothers the other day, but it didn't have the instructions. I
> picked up have the controls soon enough, then worked out how to do the moves.
> But when fighting against the computer they could do more moves than me that I
> din't know how to do. Does anyone know any other move combinations to the ones
> I've listed below?

R
up C (jump)
A (kick or punch)
B (characters
> weapon)
Up + B
Down + B
Up + A
Down + A
Jump + A
Z (sheild)
Sun 16/12/01 at 20:52
Regular
:S what are you on?

I got it from a second hand games shop for £8, ace deal!
Sun 16/12/01 at 20:55
Regular
"the burning sky"
Of course... *Sarcastically*

Where?

Joe_Poly wrote:
> :S what are you on?

I got it from a second hand games shop for £8, ace
> deal!
Mon 17/12/01 at 14:00
Regular
"Long time no see!"
That reminds me of something else, having no instructions booklet with your game!! For my birthday in March i recieved ISS 2000. I opened the box to find the game but no manual! I took it back to EB and got it swapped for one with a manual. Then everything's ok and the game works fine.

But several months later I find it doesn't work properly and crashes on a regular basis. It started off doing this during a match, but now it crashes befoe I even start one!! This REALLY annoys me, as I can't play a the latest brilliant footie game on my N64!

I'm also getting Conker's Bad Fur Day for x-mas, and my mum told me it came with no manual (aswell as accidentally telling me the game i'm getting!!). But she went back to EB (again) and got the manual. I just hope i'm not gunna find the ISS crash problem with Conker's BFD.

So, what will I do with ISS??? I'm thinking of trading it back into EB (hehe!) for money off another game (as they're so over-priced, compared to SR!!). Then I'l try and get ISS 2000 pre-owned, from SR, for a great price. Simple.

Have any of you had a similar problem???
Mon 17/12/01 at 20:54
Regular
Come on, some one must know
Mon 17/12/01 at 20:57
Regular
Joe_Poly wrote:
> :S what are you on?

I got it from a second hand games shop for £8, ace
> deal!

Good find.

I'll do a list of controls.

You've got the usual moves by pressing the A button.

R is grab/throw
Z is shield (tap the analogue stick left or right while shielding to roll - very useful)

B/up+B/down+B is a special move

The C buttons are jump. Whlie in the air you can press C again to do a second jump.
After the second jump you can use the "up+B" special move for a third jump (except for Yoshi, who has a bigger second jump to make up for it, and Jiggly Puff, who is just crap).

Smash attacks are performed by tapping the analogue in a direction quickly and pressing A. (takes practice).

Again you have up+A, down+A, and left/right +A

You pick up items with A, throw them away with R.

I think that's all you need to know.
Mon 17/12/01 at 21:00
Regular
Thanks Strafex, I'll be able to beat my brother even quicker now :D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.