GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What you really need this Christams and why!!!"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 16/12/01 at 20:21
Regular
The games that you really need this Xmas are mostly coming out on PS2. Yes there will be the odd exeption like ISS Advance or Max Payne on PC but really the PS2 has all the power.

Lets start off with Grand Theft Auto 3. For the first time a GTA game is in 3D. Brilliant you think. You're right. If you don't all ready have this game then I recommend it highly for Christmas. Nothing gives you more satisfaction thatn running over 50 pedestrians in 2 minutes (including pimps) and using a tank to squash the police flat. It really does kick some serious behind and it will be the top seller this Christmas in my opinion. It really can't be beaten for violence and driving, and shooting. All rolled together into one. All you have to do to get it if you are not 18 is beg mum and dad. Hey it worked for me.

The next big PS2 game will be Devil May Cry. i rented it the other night and it totally is the greatest scare fest I've ever played. So much action. So much chopping zombies arms off with swords. It really is stunning. Not only that but it has great graphics and it is also a great action adventure game. It can and will stand up to Resident Evil and Silent Hill. Get it.

Now next up is Tony Hawks 3. Just plainly because the Tony series is great and this is another part of ther TH series so there you go. What, you want me to talk more about it. Ah fine then. It was the first game that I decided I wanted for Christams. It looks better, plays better and has many more courses, characters and tricks. Another game that will make you get a PS2. If you don't have one already that is.

It's TRICKY!! The next game that should be on your list is SSX Tricky. I wanted it after I saw the TV advert, which was a peice of class from Sony. It features Eddie Wachowski as a kid and things like that. A really good advert, and from what I've heard and seen, a really good game.

Pro Evo will fit in here somewhere. It looks good, really good in fact. I would have chosen to rent it over DMC if it hadn't been sold out. I have played FIFA at a friends house and it is terrible so it really looks like Pro Evo is the football game to have this year. Again. Sorry EA, you can't compete with Konami.

Now I shouldn't miss out Jak & Daxter as it is the best platformer on the PS2. It has beaten the rating of Crash in all magazines so far and is looking like a mighty fine platformer. It looks like Crash but with different storylines. You're friend has been turned into a rat like creature and it's your job as Jak to get him back to normal. Unlike Crash as well, you can wander around freely and not go on a specially made route. Naughty Dog are class makers of platformers as they show again.

There are some other games like Smack Down : JBI, Silent Hill 2 and Crash that should be on your list but can't compete with the ones I've mentioned.

Have a good Christmas and thanks for readng, Afro.
Mon 17/12/01 at 16:40
Regular
"Touched!"
good post there!, some good tips on the games to get for xmas and i have or am getting everyone you have mentioed there!, but i personally think SH2 is great and can easily compete as a must have xmas buy!, masterpiece of a game!
Mon 17/12/01 at 16:32
Regular
"Bah"
Yep i got the first 3 on yer list as part of me x-mas pressie, ill have fun!
Mon 17/12/01 at 13:12
I don't like Crash or Jak and Daxter, My feelings on Smackdown 3 keep getting filtered out and I've got all the other games you mentioned...

Tarrant's christmas is going to be an empty one :-(

Pity me.
Sun 16/12/01 at 20:21
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
The games that you really need this Xmas are mostly coming out on PS2. Yes there will be the odd exeption like ISS Advance or Max Payne on PC but really the PS2 has all the power.

Lets start off with Grand Theft Auto 3. For the first time a GTA game is in 3D. Brilliant you think. You're right. If you don't all ready have this game then I recommend it highly for Christmas. Nothing gives you more satisfaction thatn running over 50 pedestrians in 2 minutes (including pimps) and using a tank to squash the police flat. It really does kick some serious behind and it will be the top seller this Christmas in my opinion. It really can't be beaten for violence and driving, and shooting. All rolled together into one. All you have to do to get it if you are not 18 is beg mum and dad. Hey it worked for me.

The next big PS2 game will be Devil May Cry. i rented it the other night and it totally is the greatest scare fest I've ever played. So much action. So much chopping zombies arms off with swords. It really is stunning. Not only that but it has great graphics and it is also a great action adventure game. It can and will stand up to Resident Evil and Silent Hill. Get it.

Now next up is Tony Hawks 3. Just plainly because the Tony series is great and this is another part of ther TH series so there you go. What, you want me to talk more about it. Ah fine then. It was the first game that I decided I wanted for Christams. It looks better, plays better and has many more courses, characters and tricks. Another game that will make you get a PS2. If you don't have one already that is.

It's TRICKY!! The next game that should be on your list is SSX Tricky. I wanted it after I saw the TV advert, which was a peice of class from Sony. It features Eddie Wachowski as a kid and things like that. A really good advert, and from what I've heard and seen, a really good game.

Pro Evo will fit in here somewhere. It looks good, really good in fact. I would have chosen to rent it over DMC if it hadn't been sold out. I have played FIFA at a friends house and it is terrible so it really looks like Pro Evo is the football game to have this year. Again. Sorry EA, you can't compete with Konami.

Now I shouldn't miss out Jak & Daxter as it is the best platformer on the PS2. It has beaten the rating of Crash in all magazines so far and is looking like a mighty fine platformer. It looks like Crash but with different storylines. You're friend has been turned into a rat like creature and it's your job as Jak to get him back to normal. Unlike Crash as well, you can wander around freely and not go on a specially made route. Naughty Dog are class makers of platformers as they show again.

There are some other games like Smack Down : JBI, Silent Hill 2 and Crash that should be on your list but can't compete with the ones I've mentioned.

Have a good Christmas and thanks for readng, Afro.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.