GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Lightshield Mod- What????"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 16/12/01 at 19:14
Regular
After purchasing the Lightshield from the Special Reserve Shop yesterday (Saturday 15 December), I read this review of it and wondered whether I should bother with th mod...

""Now lets be frank, the Gameboy Advance could really do with a good light source and furthermore, you wouldn't want to scratch that precious screen of yours now would you. Well the light shield not only gives you potentially the best GBA light on the planet (more on this in a moment) but it also flips down to protect the screen during those occasions when you throw your prized possesion in your rucksack or coat pocket. Now I say 'potentially' because it really needs a slight modification. I have the Pelican Light Shield which I imported from the US, but the Logic 3 is identical apart from the colour, the latter being plain grey. The light shield also features a very useful onoff switch and a dimmer dial. The modification, incidently, involves replacing the incandescant bulb with a white led. Further details and a step-by-step walkthrough can be found. The advantages of doing this are huge, namely, longer battery life (the unit draws it's power from the GBA's battery source) and a much brighter light. This, combined with a sturdy construction makes this easily the best lighting option available in the UK today. The light shield also includes a through port for multi-player games via a link cable so, once it's fitted, you never have to take it off if you don't want to. I do have mine as a permanent fixture because, for me what's equally important as the light, is the protection the shield gives to the screen. Also when playing in direct sunlight it can be used to shade the screen from too much glare.
As you can tell I really rate this device and, provided it's modified, offers a concrete solution to the problem of lighting on the Gameboy Advance. You can also play Castlevania in complete darkness if you dare!""

The web adress does work, but does anyone have any other Info which might help me...decide...what...to...do?
There have been no replies to this thread yet.
Sun 16/12/01 at 19:14
Regular
"the burning sky"
After purchasing the Lightshield from the Special Reserve Shop yesterday (Saturday 15 December), I read this review of it and wondered whether I should bother with th mod...

""Now lets be frank, the Gameboy Advance could really do with a good light source and furthermore, you wouldn't want to scratch that precious screen of yours now would you. Well the light shield not only gives you potentially the best GBA light on the planet (more on this in a moment) but it also flips down to protect the screen during those occasions when you throw your prized possesion in your rucksack or coat pocket. Now I say 'potentially' because it really needs a slight modification. I have the Pelican Light Shield which I imported from the US, but the Logic 3 is identical apart from the colour, the latter being plain grey. The light shield also features a very useful onoff switch and a dimmer dial. The modification, incidently, involves replacing the incandescant bulb with a white led. Further details and a step-by-step walkthrough can be found. The advantages of doing this are huge, namely, longer battery life (the unit draws it's power from the GBA's battery source) and a much brighter light. This, combined with a sturdy construction makes this easily the best lighting option available in the UK today. The light shield also includes a through port for multi-player games via a link cable so, once it's fitted, you never have to take it off if you don't want to. I do have mine as a permanent fixture because, for me what's equally important as the light, is the protection the shield gives to the screen. Also when playing in direct sunlight it can be used to shade the screen from too much glare.
As you can tell I really rate this device and, provided it's modified, offers a concrete solution to the problem of lighting on the Gameboy Advance. You can also play Castlevania in complete darkness if you dare!""

The web adress does work, but does anyone have any other Info which might help me...decide...what...to...do?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.