GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Nintendo"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 31/08/00 at 13:05
Regular
What caused the Nintendo 64 to do so badly when they had such good games?
Zelda, Goldeneye, Mario etc.
It was a difficult machine to program for.
It was epensive as it was cartridge based.
Most of the games were aimed at children.

All of these seemed to have been addressed, could Sony be ready to make those same mistakes?
Nintendo may be ready to claim its crown
Thu 31/08/00 at 13:05
What caused the Nintendo 64 to do so badly when they had such good games?
Zelda, Goldeneye, Mario etc.
It was a difficult machine to program for.
It was epensive as it was cartridge based.
Most of the games were aimed at children.

All of these seemed to have been addressed, could Sony be ready to make those same mistakes?
Nintendo may be ready to claim its crown
Thu 31/08/00 at 15:16
Regular
"Under the Wall"
What caused the N64 to do so badly is that there were so few good games, everyone had already spent their money on playstation, and it had too little to convert gamers to it's cartridge based beauty.
Thu 31/08/00 at 15:48
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
MNM, it looks like you don't know what your talking about, it didn't do badly, it just didn't do as well as the playstation, that's what everyone's comparing it to, the Sega Saturn didn't do aswell as the N64, the cartridges were easy to programme for, and there was no difference in price when comparing the CDs and carts, they are just more expensive to mass produce, unlike CDs which can be moulded for 00.01p a time, carts are just under £1! So I don't know what your talking about, maybe next time when you find something that hasn't ben said a million times before, then you could find out if it's actually true. And the N64 has ahd over 350 games produced for it over the last 5-6 years, that's enough for anyone, even though not all of them were as good as Goldeneye and Zelda, not every PS game has passed good standards, they can't be perfect all the time.
Thu 31/08/00 at 18:38
Fogmaster you are: WRONG AGAIN!

The Nintendo carts for 64bit games (e.g. N64 game carts) ARE harder to program for! That's why developers such as Squaresoft (Final Fantasy series) went to Sony! It was easier to program for a CD than a cart! The gameboy carts however only take up to 32-bit which is half the amount N64 has, and is easier to program for as it doesn't require so complex graphics!

Don't get me wrong I'm still a Ninty fan I'm just telling you the facts!

(see my Nintendo club with 'official information' about all Nintendo games consoles!)

Http://www.smartgroups.com/groups/Nintyrules
Thu 31/08/00 at 23:11
The future is here the future is nigh,
Great games are coming, that you cannot deny,

The race is on, and who will win?
It is not as if the market is thin,

So many consoles, which is the best,
I'm just not sure into which one to invest,

They all look superb, that's one thing that's true,
And in the end my friends it's all up to you,

But please be sure when choosing, consider it well,
Coz in the end only time will tell,

If good games keep coming, and i hope they do
the future looks bright for me and you!!!

Thanks!!!
Thu 31/08/00 at 23:26
This poem was written by snoochies bro

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.