GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The GBA SP, then."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 19/03/03 at 19:56
Regular
List me some advantages over the GBA that prove it isn't a cheap add-on that don't include the following:

- Size
- Appearance
- Add-ons that you can already buy for the GBA

Do go on.
Fri 21/03/03 at 22:21
"The Will of D."
Microchips wrote:
> er-no wrote:
> Infact, one of the best games ever. Get that, Golden Sun and Mario
> Kart.
>
> And:
> Golden Sun 2 (When released)

You can get it from the 14th of April if you import it, that's what i'm doing (my first import, wahoo!).
Fri 21/03/03 at 22:19
"The Will of D."
At first when i switched from a GB Colour to a GBA I thought the buttons were a little uncomftable, but now I don't notice it at all, so you just have to get used to new things.
I think the Gameboy SP is a lot like the original Gameboys since they were all vertical machines, but the GBA was a horizontal design, now the GBA SP is a Vertical again.
Fri 21/03/03 at 22:08
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Aha, good.

Cheers. I'll have to scrape money together for it somehow, then.
Fri 21/03/03 at 22:06
"Uzi Lover"
It's still excellent. The speed can be good.

I forgot to say that bit.
Fri 21/03/03 at 22:04
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Really? I saw the demo on Sonic Mega Collection, and I did notice it was fatser- though I didn't expect it to be much different from the rest.

Hmmm. I don't know whether to buy it or not, now.
Fri 21/03/03 at 22:00
"Uzi Lover"
Microchips wrote:
> Sonic Advance 1 + 2 (Or just 2)

Nope, Sonic ADvance 2 is actually pretty different from the first.

It's based alot more on speed while Sonic Advance is not as much. Sonic Advance plays much like a new age older Sonic game whilst Sonic Advance 2 plays much more like a speedier Sonic Advance.

Hmmm
Fri 21/03/03 at 21:56
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
er-no wrote:
> Infact, one of the best games ever. Get that, Golden Sun and Mario
> Kart.

And:

Advance Wars 1 + 2 (When released... :D)

Golden Sun 2 (When released)

Sonic Advance 1 + 2 (Or just 2)

Street fighter

Then, commence saving of money.
Fri 21/03/03 at 19:45
Regular
In the gameboy advancesp it is rechargeble has light screen it easy to carry and it looks wicked
Thu 20/03/03 at 10:34
Regular
"Booze monkeys!"
The light is an obvious advantage - so what if you can get add ons for the GBA that do the same - they dont do it as weel and they are bulky and crap.
the only decent one is the Afterburner - which is difficult to install and is relatively expensive.

The shoulder buttons are more comfy than a normal GBA, as is the d-pad. I had my doubts but when I played on one in GAME i was astonished at the quality of the buttons.
Thu 20/03/03 at 10:20
Regular
"Party like its 2005"
If people doubting the advantages of the SP over the GBA actually played an SP, they would understand.
It might have the same processors inside, but it's whole new handheld in every other respect.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.