GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"£30 cash back..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 20/03/03 at 09:14
Regular
So if you buy an SP you can claim £30 rebate if you buy a Nintendo Gamecube.
Thats a great idea to simultaniously boost SP and GC sales.
But what about us SP buyers who already support the GC? What do we get?

Im not demanding that Nintendo give me something, its not like they owe me anything for queing up at midnight to get a GC on launch and paying £175 for one with Rogue Leader (this isnt sarcasm, by the way), that was my choice.

But the afore mentioned "something" would be well received.

It could be a free GC game or money off a GC game, whatever.
Or what do the people who have no intention of getting a GC (although the £30 off is to try and entice these folk) and would rather get a free GBA game or a discount on a GBA game.

All the same, nice one Nintendo for actually offering something, Im sure Sony would do the same (now that was sarcasm).

And good luck in the future with the GC - I'll be suppoting it all the way.
In retrospect that statement is false - I feel guilty for importing Metroid Prime and soon to be Zelda. I am taking away european sales/support of the Gc and its two so-called killer aps for the sake of saving a few quid and being impatiant. If MP and Zelda sell "badly" over here I'll balme myself.

I suppose I could sell MP and Zelda along with Animal Crossing including the AC memory card (wonderful game - for a week, then it is really dull) and a Freeloader, and then get PAL versions when they come out.
Im being silly are'nt I?
There have been no replies to this thread yet.
Thu 20/03/03 at 09:14
Regular
"Booze monkeys!"
So if you buy an SP you can claim £30 rebate if you buy a Nintendo Gamecube.
Thats a great idea to simultaniously boost SP and GC sales.
But what about us SP buyers who already support the GC? What do we get?

Im not demanding that Nintendo give me something, its not like they owe me anything for queing up at midnight to get a GC on launch and paying £175 for one with Rogue Leader (this isnt sarcasm, by the way), that was my choice.

But the afore mentioned "something" would be well received.

It could be a free GC game or money off a GC game, whatever.
Or what do the people who have no intention of getting a GC (although the £30 off is to try and entice these folk) and would rather get a free GBA game or a discount on a GBA game.

All the same, nice one Nintendo for actually offering something, Im sure Sony would do the same (now that was sarcasm).

And good luck in the future with the GC - I'll be suppoting it all the way.
In retrospect that statement is false - I feel guilty for importing Metroid Prime and soon to be Zelda. I am taking away european sales/support of the Gc and its two so-called killer aps for the sake of saving a few quid and being impatiant. If MP and Zelda sell "badly" over here I'll balme myself.

I suppose I could sell MP and Zelda along with Animal Crossing including the AC memory card (wonderful game - for a week, then it is really dull) and a Freeloader, and then get PAL versions when they come out.
Im being silly are'nt I?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.