GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"AC time Travel"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 20/03/03 at 09:35
Regular
I read the forum post in Edge about the time travel gameplay possibilities that Animal Crossing offers.
Future games could utilise this and it would be great.
Basically you live in a town, like Ac, but you aquire a time machine, so you can go back, forward in time and alter things for good or for bad.

AC is great but it soon gets dull and this time travel dynamic would really add to the games long term appeal.

I tried time-travel in AC by adjusteing the GC's clock - bad idea!
if you were to travel forward a month, the village is overrun with weeds and you're house will be be infested with cockroaches, if you then go back to the correct time and date, the weeds and roaches are still there.

Im back in the present now,
And everyone hates me because I havent spoken to them I ages (however long I went forward) even though in the scheme of things I spoke to them yesterday. Moronic animal folk - Im gonna smack em over t'ed with the net, that'll learn em.

Anyway, I better get back to weed-puling and roach extermination.
Thu 20/03/03 at 23:39
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Whoops, put the game forward to my birthday and got a NES game. (7th August 2003 by the way for those who are buying me presents :D).
And now its 7th August 2004!
Now its 7th August 2005!

Marvellous.
Thu 20/03/03 at 19:59
"period drama"
What about just putting it foward a little bit?
Surely that won't do too much damage - or if there's something exiting happening when you're out, put it back to when it took place.

What happens when you go back in time?
Thu 20/03/03 at 19:56
Regular
Wow.
I time travel just three days forward, so that the trees I plant aren't dug up by my little brother.
Thu 20/03/03 at 12:18
Regular
"Booze monkeys!"
Im currently celebrating the christmas of 1983, my birth year, in an Animal Crossing stylee.
Thu 20/03/03 at 09:35
Regular
"Booze monkeys!"
I read the forum post in Edge about the time travel gameplay possibilities that Animal Crossing offers.
Future games could utilise this and it would be great.
Basically you live in a town, like Ac, but you aquire a time machine, so you can go back, forward in time and alter things for good or for bad.

AC is great but it soon gets dull and this time travel dynamic would really add to the games long term appeal.

I tried time-travel in AC by adjusteing the GC's clock - bad idea!
if you were to travel forward a month, the village is overrun with weeds and you're house will be be infested with cockroaches, if you then go back to the correct time and date, the weeds and roaches are still there.

Im back in the present now,
And everyone hates me because I havent spoken to them I ages (however long I went forward) even though in the scheme of things I spoke to them yesterday. Moronic animal folk - Im gonna smack em over t'ed with the net, that'll learn em.

Anyway, I better get back to weed-puling and roach extermination.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.