GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Microsoft contradiction"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 16/12/01 at 14:30
Regular
I laugh in the face of Bill Gates. Haha.

Quote by Bill Gates about PC's- "Here at Microsoft we make the best hardware and softare to make your PC as powerful and quality as possible. Games that run on our systems are top quality and are better than anything seen on any games systems"

Yeah right. So thats why the lead designer of WRC for PS2 said this in OPSM2#4-
"When we set out to create this game (WRC) we wanted to make it as real to the sport as possible. It wasn't until near the end of creating the game that we realsied we had achieved this. It was when we recieved our PS2 that we could really try out our game and see what the power of the PS2 could do for it. This is because even a top spec PC could not achieve what a PS2 could in terms of graphics/processing power. When we saw the game running on the PS2 it was magnificent. The frame rate was much faster and the graphics even smoother. We was pleased with what we saw of our game running on PC's, but when it was run on the PS2 we was ecstatic!"

So then Mr Gates how do you explain this. One of the top programmers claims that his game was too powerful to run on EVEN a top spec PC, but the PS2 coped fine with it. And take Gran Turismo 3. The graphics on that are (most would agree) alot better than them of WRC. I would like to see that run on one of your PC's Mr.Gates.

And then there is the matter of the X-box. If the PC can run games alot better than any console can, then howcome your releasing your own console? It would seem pointless. But the truth is microsoft want something that can compete with SONY and Nintendo and realsised they're not gonna achieve this with PC's.

So it would seem Bill Gates is lying. PC's can run games better than any console?....maybe in a few years....but for the time being, come back down to reality Bill.

Thanks for reading, Nat
Mon 17/12/01 at 17:50
Regular
"  "
I apologise everyone
Mon 17/12/01 at 17:13
Regular
"  "
Asphalt wrote:
> also, without microsoft we wouldnt have word, msn messenger, office, internet
> explorer, and all the other great programs they make. and the world might be
> completely differnt, like pcs still taking up your house.

Well yes...i'm not jipping them but i just said that they reckon the graphics are better on pc's(well bILL gates anyway) and i'm not singiling microsoft...just bill gates....but i used the x-box as an example because he was heavily envolved in it.
Mon 17/12/01 at 17:09
Regular
"  "
i'm not arguing with u but apparently the lead programmer of WRC for PS2 said that even a top spec PC. I'm going with him coz obviously he is very experianced in this kind of thing and i won't beleive that PC's can throw out better graphics thatn PS2, gamecube or x-box until i witness it....but i take ur word for it.
Mon 17/12/01 at 17:08
Regular
"Digging!"
also, without microsoft we wouldnt have word, msn messenger, office, internet explorer, and all the other great programs they make. and the world might be completely differnt, like pcs still taking up your house.
Mon 17/12/01 at 17:05
Regular
"Digging!"
depends how good the pc is really. i mean my geforce2 mx 64mb throws out better graphics than a ps2. but for people with older pcs, i gess this could be true.
Mon 17/12/01 at 16:58
Regular
"pob, the originator"
AMD aren't, but just give it time.........
Mon 17/12/01 at 16:57
Regular
"  "
since ages ago.....practacally every computer company are owned by microsoft....and intel are one of the obviouse ones.
Sun 16/12/01 at 20:40
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Natbuc wrote:
What are u on
> about......what i said was the WRC programmer said that a top spec PC could not
> run his game very well (WRC) but the ps2 could and when he saw it played on a
> ps2 he was happy that it was as good as it was because before he had only seen
> it on a top spec pc and he thought it looked naff on there...but on the ps2 it
> looked good......and therefore this means bill gates is lying by saying the
> proccesors and other hardware they create (NOT PC's!!!!!!!!!) can make games run
> better than them on PS2. If u had actually read my post properly u would have
> seen this!

So your saying that the lead programmer of a game says that it looks great...

And that the lead programmer of a PS2 game says it looks and runs better on a PS2 than it could a PC just as MS release their X-Box?

Now theres a surprise... :)
Sun 16/12/01 at 17:31
Regular
oooops.....I think i'll leave this argument !
(didn't mean to stir things up)
Sun 16/12/01 at 17:29
Regular
Natbuc wrote:
> Natbuc wrote:
> Try....Pentium

Intel are owned by MS

Since when?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.