GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"10 Things To Do Before You Die"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 29/06/07 at 12:13
Regular
Just 10? I know, like me you probably have 1000s of things you want to do, places you want to visit, people you want to meet. But if you could pick just 10, what would they be? Here's some of my choices...

1. Swim with dolphins
I'm sure this is something that many people want to experience. They always seem so playful I just want to jump in the water and swim alongside them. They're very intelligent and they'll protect you from the sharks.

2. Visit Japan
The land of anime and Godzilla, I can't wait to finally visit Japan after all these years. Vending machines that vent panties, futuristic toilets, love hotels, Hello Kitty, etc. There's something for everyone in Japan. =)

3. Take my kids to Disney World/Florida
I think I was about 11 when my parents took us to Disney World in Florida. It was our first major holiday as previously we just holidayed in the UK and the odd trip to Holland. To give you an idea of the time period, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2 was in cinemas.

It was great, I loved all the shows we saw, especially the Indiana Jones one. I got lots of autographs, except Mickeys =( Oh and we also visited NASA, that was great.

4. Run the London Marathon
There was our local marathon recently that I did try and train for. But it rained so much I wasnt able to run as much as I would like so I decided not to enter.

The reason I would like to run is to earn more money for cancer research, I've not been very fit for the last decade so to accomplish something like the London Marathon would be absolutely wonderful.

5. Stay in a haunted castle
I don't know about the rest of you, but I believe in ghosts. =) And it has been a dream of mine to stay at a castle, better yet, a haunted castle. Yeah I'm sure I would be scared out of my pants, but that's what I want to experience. Maybe I can convince the guys to have the next meetup at one. ;)

6. Go skiing
I'm not sure, has anyone here been skiing before? I just love the idea of being by the mountains, log cabins, a warm fire and lots of snow outside. I wouldnt mind trying snowboarding, but I think I'll increase my chances of survival if I stick to the skiis =)

7. Have a book published
I'm no where near as good at creative writing as the people who take part in the SSC, but I can draw. =) At the moment I'm working on several webcomics that I'm hoping to get online soon. It would be amazing to have it in print eventually. Even better if I could get it sold in stores aswell.

Maybe in a few years I'd love to do a graphic novel, it would be nice to leave that behind when I'm long gone and have people still enjoying my work.

8. Own a life size Dalek
Probably only pb and BLJ could understand this choice. I've been a big fan of the Daleks since I first saw them in the 80ies with Sylvester as the Doctor. They're so wonderfully evil and I love watching them in the movies. Not really a fan of the flying daleks, it kinda ruins it for me like zombies that run.

9. Meet Michael Palin & Hayao Miyazaki
Okay I'm cheating a bit for listing two people, but I really admire and respect Palin and Miyazaki. Sure I enjoyed Michael in Monty Python, but it's his journeys around the world that I find so fascinating. He's definitely one of the reasons why I'm planning to travel a lot over the next few years for my website.

As for Miyazaki, he's the genius behind such greats as Spirited Away and Princess Mononoke. I've loved his films since the late 80ies when I saw Laputa as a young boy. Disney did some great work but Miyazaki has created some really wonderful masterpieces that I hope people will go on to enjoy for many years to come.

10. Fly into Space
How much is Virgin charging? I think every boy has wanted to go into Space. To feel weightless and float around. It would be an incredible experience that you would never forget. As long as you come back to Earth alive. =)

Now it's your turn to do your own list. Though try to be as realistic as possible. You aren't going to win the lottery, you'll never visit the Playboy Mansion and I'm afraid Angelina Jolie is way out of your league. Sorry.
Fri 29/06/07 at 12:13
Regular
Just 10? I know, like me you probably have 1000s of things you want to do, places you want to visit, people you want to meet. But if you could pick just 10, what would they be? Here's some of my choices...

1. Swim with dolphins
I'm sure this is something that many people want to experience. They always seem so playful I just want to jump in the water and swim alongside them. They're very intelligent and they'll protect you from the sharks.

2. Visit Japan
The land of anime and Godzilla, I can't wait to finally visit Japan after all these years. Vending machines that vent panties, futuristic toilets, love hotels, Hello Kitty, etc. There's something for everyone in Japan. =)

3. Take my kids to Disney World/Florida
I think I was about 11 when my parents took us to Disney World in Florida. It was our first major holiday as previously we just holidayed in the UK and the odd trip to Holland. To give you an idea of the time period, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2 was in cinemas.

It was great, I loved all the shows we saw, especially the Indiana Jones one. I got lots of autographs, except Mickeys =( Oh and we also visited NASA, that was great.

4. Run the London Marathon
There was our local marathon recently that I did try and train for. But it rained so much I wasnt able to run as much as I would like so I decided not to enter.

The reason I would like to run is to earn more money for cancer research, I've not been very fit for the last decade so to accomplish something like the London Marathon would be absolutely wonderful.

5. Stay in a haunted castle
I don't know about the rest of you, but I believe in ghosts. =) And it has been a dream of mine to stay at a castle, better yet, a haunted castle. Yeah I'm sure I would be scared out of my pants, but that's what I want to experience. Maybe I can convince the guys to have the next meetup at one. ;)

6. Go skiing
I'm not sure, has anyone here been skiing before? I just love the idea of being by the mountains, log cabins, a warm fire and lots of snow outside. I wouldnt mind trying snowboarding, but I think I'll increase my chances of survival if I stick to the skiis =)

7. Have a book published
I'm no where near as good at creative writing as the people who take part in the SSC, but I can draw. =) At the moment I'm working on several webcomics that I'm hoping to get online soon. It would be amazing to have it in print eventually. Even better if I could get it sold in stores aswell.

Maybe in a few years I'd love to do a graphic novel, it would be nice to leave that behind when I'm long gone and have people still enjoying my work.

8. Own a life size Dalek
Probably only pb and BLJ could understand this choice. I've been a big fan of the Daleks since I first saw them in the 80ies with Sylvester as the Doctor. They're so wonderfully evil and I love watching them in the movies. Not really a fan of the flying daleks, it kinda ruins it for me like zombies that run.

9. Meet Michael Palin & Hayao Miyazaki
Okay I'm cheating a bit for listing two people, but I really admire and respect Palin and Miyazaki. Sure I enjoyed Michael in Monty Python, but it's his journeys around the world that I find so fascinating. He's definitely one of the reasons why I'm planning to travel a lot over the next few years for my website.

As for Miyazaki, he's the genius behind such greats as Spirited Away and Princess Mononoke. I've loved his films since the late 80ies when I saw Laputa as a young boy. Disney did some great work but Miyazaki has created some really wonderful masterpieces that I hope people will go on to enjoy for many years to come.

10. Fly into Space
How much is Virgin charging? I think every boy has wanted to go into Space. To feel weightless and float around. It would be an incredible experience that you would never forget. As long as you come back to Earth alive. =)

Now it's your turn to do your own list. Though try to be as realistic as possible. You aren't going to win the lottery, you'll never visit the Playboy Mansion and I'm afraid Angelina Jolie is way out of your league. Sorry.
Fri 29/06/07 at 12:55
"possibly impossible"
1.Fly a plane.
I'm working on it. Just costs money, though I have a friend that's taking lessons to get a licence.

2.Move to Spain
Again, it's in the works, but job situation puts pay to it at the moment.

3.Meet the rest of the actors who played The Doctor
3 down...4 to go!

4.Follow the Formula One around at least a few countries
I've done Silverstone, I'd like to follow it around Europe.

5.Find a job I like doing.
There are a few I can think of, but money is an issue.

6.Go hang-gliding
I love the idea that you can fly with very little equipment. I'll probably do it for charity one day.

7.Stay in a haunted house.
Yeah, me too. Already suggested it, Machie, I beat you to it on Sera's forums!

8.Appear on a Sci-fi show.
Would be good just to say I did it. Getting a proper part is probably out of the question though...

9.Perfect a true home cinema in my house.
For a start I need a bigger house, more money and the permission of my wife! I might be one step nearer in a few weeks, at least.

10.Visit more countries.
More of the US, Japan, China, the rest of Europe. I need to experience more.

Things I have done from my previous list:
1. Ride an Elephant (not in a Zoo)
Did that in India. A bit bumpy and I was worried that I'd fall out of the basket as it brushed past the trees!

2. Stare a Cobra in the face.
India again. Ok, it had probably been milked, but I didn't know that for sure.

3. Have a family.
Check! I'm sure if we had more money we'd have a third kid too.

4. Go to New York.
Back in 2002, the year after September 11th. My driver apologised for the towers not being there!

I'm sure there are more things that I've achieved, but I can't think of them right now!
Fri 29/06/07 at 14:03
Regular
"AkaSeraphim"
Machie wrote:

> 3. Take my kids to Disney World/Florida

I think a couple of other things are needed on your list first.
Fri 29/06/07 at 14:22
"LOLLERSKATES!"
I would love a life size Dalek :D - I saw this program, I think it was in a series called 'The One' an one episode was about weird things people kept in a Big Yellow Storage, someone had a life size Dalek which was hollow with a seat inside and a steering wheel and a voice convertor so he moved around and smoked like a Dalek :)
Fri 29/06/07 at 14:26
Regular
I don't really want to put getting married and having kids as something I want to do before I die. Hopefully that's something everyone will end up doing. (Except Kawada and Chaos)

I had no idea you wanted to learn to fly pb. I'm quite suprised. I'm a little scared of heights so I don't think I could do it.

Every fans dream to pretend to be a Dalek BLJ =D. I'll have the white and gold Dalek, I'm guessing pb would want the classic dalek and you, umm maybe one of the new Daleks ;)
Fri 29/06/07 at 14:43
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Machie wrote:
> I'm afraid Angelina Jolie is way out of your league.

Lies!

This thread is depressing and should be re-titled '10 Things To Do While You Live'.

Luckily for me at the grand young age of 40 I've done everything I wanted to do from my previous '10 Things to Do' list except for the 'Die before I get to 40' one, which surprised me because the first 9 were pretty hedonistic and I didn't fancy my survival rate.

I'm now working on 'Die before I get to 50' instead, I'll keep you posted.
Sat 30/06/07 at 11:59
Regular
"AkaSeraphim"
Machie wrote:
> I don't really want to put getting married and having kids as
> something I want to do before I die. Hopefully that's something
> everyone will end up doing.

Hmmmmm :S
Sat 30/06/07 at 12:26
Regular
Anyone else got a list? =)
Tue 03/07/07 at 16:48
Regular
"Mad as a badger!"
Some random things I would like to do are:

1. Go to space.
2. Actually get my travelling organised one day, spending a year or two moving from one place to another.
3. Do some work in Africa or some random place for charity, looking after turtles or elephants or something.
4. Become a millionaire.
5. Date some hot celebrity such as Angelina Jolie or similar.
6. Save a life.
7. Become a dad (when settled and happy!)
8. Own my own bumper car ride :D
9. Learn a load of languages and random skills.
10. Go through a week on here without having angry peeps, and to have Ladybird actually like me and Freeola :p

Thank you!
Tue 03/07/07 at 16:52
Regular
"I may return"
Vexxxed wrote:
> 6. Save a life.

Cross that off your list! Your saving loadsa lifes, as you aren't killing them :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.