GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Spoof Games?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 16/12/01 at 12:57
Regular
In this day and age society can easily interlink games, music and films, with some incredible soundtracks in films, in games and games based on films, as well as films based on games - and that's great, but why haven't we had any 'spoof' games? I mean, either games based on spoof films based upon films, or even games based on other existing games? I'm of the opinion that there isn't enough humour in gaming today, and spoof games may just be the answer to combat all the hideous seriousness encased in our games.

If you have any idea what I'm talking about, read on, if not, I do recommend you escape, now, and find another topic for your mind to wander in...

Firstly, taking a recent example of a high selling top game, how would Grand Theft Auto 3, fare with spoof game based upon it? I can't think what it'd be called, but some of the changes in the game could be rather funny.

The missions could all be changed, your role as a bad guy hitman/car thief wouldn't change straight away, but every now and then you might be visited by...angels perhaps - but good angels, or maybe a herd of good consciences - telling you to do other missions, like saving cats, stuck in trees perhaps - or the classic helping old grannies across the road - Luigi or Joey would naturally find out and the humour would unwrap and encapsulate the entire game. We'd delve deeper into the life of the crook/freedom fighter, we'd see changes in him - there would be more than one set of missions to partake in, and whatever you do do will effect the outcome of the game.

Just a thought. Could be funny, especially of Rolf Harris or maybe even Vinny Jones lead that group of good consciences...

I'm sure you lot can think of others, I mean there are plenty of games that you'd be able to make spoof titles from, and I reckon they would sell well - especially something based on the Resident Evil series?

Residential Weasels would take the surroundings of the darkest and creepiest Resident Evil title, and fill it up with senior citizen weasels, and why not - the game could very easily turn into a theme park/hospital style affair with you running the place, and keeping zombies away - I think it'd be pretty amusing to see cut scenes of OAP furry animals chasing away undead zombies with a walking stick - don't you?

Something that would be even more chuckle provoking would be if all the resident weasels were actually plotting against you, the owner, for keeping them inside such a dank and demeaning place - imagine their eyes turning red, spooky music starting and then a whole new world of gameplay unleashing itself into your living room as you run for you life (Track and Field style!) from a hoard of Derranged weasels, on your escape you'd come across obstacles such as a karaoke night room, and you'd have to do some Samba De Amigo ish lightning paced dance moves, just to get away - you'd be able, or rather have to perform some amazing Karate moves (Oh yes, your weasel must be Japanese, and the acting the game should purposely be as atrocious as the acting in such Resi Evil adventures...) & then why not have a car chase? Bringing racing elements in too.

That could be fun? Don't ya think?

Of course the games would have the most incredible state of the art visuals, amazing sound, appalling acting - a must, and most importantly an overwhelming element of humour - and why not, we need more funny games, and spoofs could be the way to go about it!

Cheers,

:)
Fri 21/12/01 at 23:28
Regular
"[SE] Acetrooper"
Ahh, good post, mate.

Congrats on the win, and for some odd reason I found this thread rather amusing!

:D

SHOCKY
Tue 18/12/01 at 22:02
Regular
Conkers Bad Fur day spoofed Resident Evil.
It also spoofed a load of movies.

Great game, while it lasted.
Tue 18/12/01 at 19:06
Regular
"The GAD Realm"
Congrats on your GAD win there Sid - Nice topic indeed.

I really enjoyed reading it.
Tue 18/12/01 at 15:49
Regular
"Digging!"
nice win
Tue 18/12/01 at 15:27
Yay! Drinks glass of water, pats brain on the erm, back.
Mon 17/12/01 at 16:33
Could be!
Mon 17/12/01 at 16:32
Regular
"Digging!"
could be good!
Mon 17/12/01 at 16:20
:(
Mon 17/12/01 at 16:19
Regular
"bearded n dangerous"
I've sat through enough terrible Leslie Neilsen films (Naked Guns excluded) to know that spoofing doesn't always work, and more often than not ends up being as funny as gonorrhea.
Mon 17/12/01 at 16:13
I guess you could, but more blantent spoofs would be good.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.