GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Sony - how i lead a double life"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 16/12/01 at 10:41
Regular
It was about 4 years ago now, i remember it distantly. I walked into Dixons and saw the PSone with a huge "select a game package" poster on the wall. I spent ages looking at the games, trying to decide what i wanted and eventually i seteled for what the salesman said was a good selection of games, including a memory card, tekken (THE origional!!) ~V--Rally and Abes Odysee and 2 controllers for £199. when we got it home we set it all up, and my dad being spectical about wheter it was worth the cash was gobsmacked when i put in abes odysee and saw the graphics, after all the last games console we had had was the master system! I had a lot of fun with my PS and along its life i purchased all the final fantasy games, MGS, GTA and GT, these where just a few of the marvels i owned along with my favourites like the extra missions disk and medal of honor - boy it was a goo time to own a PS.
Two years passed and i started to notice the N64 whilst playing it round my mates. I liked the look of goldeneye, and there didnt seem to be many good games coming out on the PS any more, so eventually i sold my PS with 10 games for £100 and brought a N64 with goldeneye for £30. The N64 just didnt have th magic of sony, and after aout a year with a small dribble of good games like perfect dark and zelda i got bored and sold the console only a few weaks ago. I have now purchased a PS2 with tony hawks 3 a memory card and devil may cry for £240 and i can say its the best decision i ever made. Whatever anyone says or anything, you will come back to Sony. It has too many good games and developers that the competition will be short lived - for exaple i think DC = GC thats the way its gonna go, the GC has no DVD so its not really a competitor as i see it. The only worry is the X-Box, but whatever happens i have lead my double life with sony and enjoyed it.
Thanks for reaading ppl
MM
There have been no replies to this thread yet.
Sun 16/12/01 at 10:41
Regular
"Bah"
It was about 4 years ago now, i remember it distantly. I walked into Dixons and saw the PSone with a huge "select a game package" poster on the wall. I spent ages looking at the games, trying to decide what i wanted and eventually i seteled for what the salesman said was a good selection of games, including a memory card, tekken (THE origional!!) ~V--Rally and Abes Odysee and 2 controllers for £199. when we got it home we set it all up, and my dad being spectical about wheter it was worth the cash was gobsmacked when i put in abes odysee and saw the graphics, after all the last games console we had had was the master system! I had a lot of fun with my PS and along its life i purchased all the final fantasy games, MGS, GTA and GT, these where just a few of the marvels i owned along with my favourites like the extra missions disk and medal of honor - boy it was a goo time to own a PS.
Two years passed and i started to notice the N64 whilst playing it round my mates. I liked the look of goldeneye, and there didnt seem to be many good games coming out on the PS any more, so eventually i sold my PS with 10 games for £100 and brought a N64 with goldeneye for £30. The N64 just didnt have th magic of sony, and after aout a year with a small dribble of good games like perfect dark and zelda i got bored and sold the console only a few weaks ago. I have now purchased a PS2 with tony hawks 3 a memory card and devil may cry for £240 and i can say its the best decision i ever made. Whatever anyone says or anything, you will come back to Sony. It has too many good games and developers that the competition will be short lived - for exaple i think DC = GC thats the way its gonna go, the GC has no DVD so its not really a competitor as i see it. The only worry is the X-Box, but whatever happens i have lead my double life with sony and enjoyed it.
Thanks for reaading ppl
MM

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.