GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The future of gaming"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 30/08/00 at 22:28
Regular
i think in the near future, gaming will be so advanced it will be like living in the game, im not just talking about VR, i mean actually living in the game, i think it will be so hi-tech that we will feel the environment and things like that actually happening(in our minds of course). It will be like being the character in the game, taking control of the body and doing what u like with it, if we wanna go pick a fight with someone then we will, if we wanna chat someone up, we will, it would be our choice!
Wed 30/08/00 at 22:28
i think in the near future, gaming will be so advanced it will be like living in the game, im not just talking about VR, i mean actually living in the game, i think it will be so hi-tech that we will feel the environment and things like that actually happening(in our minds of course). It will be like being the character in the game, taking control of the body and doing what u like with it, if we wanna go pick a fight with someone then we will, if we wanna chat someone up, we will, it would be our choice!
Thu 31/08/00 at 09:09
Regular
"not dead"
Will this be before or after we all live on the moon and drive spacecars that can fly?
Thu 31/08/00 at 11:25
after of course, saying before would just be sad and could never happen.
Sat 02/09/00 at 13:25
I don't think that 'living in the game' would be such a good idea, as you would have to think very carefully about what parts of real life to include. Your first thought is that it would be great to live through, say, Half-Life as if everything was actually happening to you. It would certainly be breathtaking. But then so would getting shot in the lungs by one of the troopers. People don't want real life in their games, because real life could be bad as well as good, and is so complex that it would be difficult to create in a believable way anyway - how would you load your game, then? What we need now and in the future is more original ideas, not daydreams.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.