GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
" ATT Powers that be RE SPAM {spam} [SPAM]"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 12/07/06 at 10:15
Regular
A while ago we were asked to forward SPAM as an attachment to [email protected], I do this regularly but have noticed a big increase in spam cominf through these days, do freeola still scan our email before we get it? or has that stopped hence the increase in SPAM? and does forwarding these SPAM messages as an attachment really do any good? or am I wasteing both your time and mine.

Kind Regards
Kev
Thu 19/10/06 at 11:26
Regular
"Brucie Bonus"
Hi there, I would like to assure you that we continue to carry out a number of separate activities behind the scenes in respect of working with our technical partners to improve our detection and deletion of spam.

As you'll be aware it's a fine line between ensuring we remove as much rubbish as possible while also avoiding the deletion of perfectly genuine messages.

I can't give you any specific dates or times that things may suddenly improve but I can promise you that the individual activities we are working on will all contribute towards a better experience overall, hopefully to quite a noticeable standard. Where possible we are investigating options we can take against the actual perpetrateurs of the spam.

A software update is still expected very soon. As for sending your spam to [email protected] I would recommend that you continue to do so if you receive something you feel is not the norm. That's because we take a fairly pro-active approach to this and have a substantial number of monitoring addresses that feed directly to those handling the investigations.

Your continuing patience is of course appreciated.

Regards,
Danny
Thu 19/10/06 at 10:33
"Are you sure?"
Torquay Utd! wrote:
> Hello, I met personally yesterday with our technical partners who
> are leading the way on our spam prevention systems.
>
> They plan to introduce an improved version of our core software
> in the next few weeks which should dramatically help.
>
> They are also looking at the occasional problem which results in
> one or more of our spam scanners dropping offline.
>
> Unfortunately this is a growing problem worldwide for all ISPs
> and internet users. We continue with our best efforts to block
> as much as we can...
>
> Regards,
> Danny

Hi TU.
Can you provide an update to this thread please?
Back in July you mentioned "improved software coming" - is this in use now?

Many Thanks.
Fri 14/07/06 at 07:14
Regular
Many thanks for that Danny, Yes I agree compared with some ISPs I dont get to much SPAM. Glad that you are on the case though much appreciated.
Thu 13/07/06 at 11:23
Regular
"Brucie Bonus"
Hello, I met personally yesterday with our technical partners who are leading the way on our spam prevention systems.

They plan to introduce an improved version of our core software in the next few weeks which should dramatically help.

They are also looking at the occasional problem which results in one or more of our spam scanners dropping offline.

Unfortunately this is a growing problem worldwide for all ISPs and internet users. We continue with our best efforts to block as much as we can...

Regards,
Danny
Thu 13/07/06 at 10:46
Regular
Yep I agree but going by the upsurge in SPAM lately some things not as it should be I fear. When it works it works really well, I went for a long spell with no SPAM but just now its bad.
Wed 12/07/06 at 22:25
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
I'd guess by forwarding the message as spam, Freeola somehow add it to a database of spam... Whether they add the specific E-mail address, the subject or the body of the message (or all of them) to the database is beyond me, but I can't see they'd ask for the spam messages and not do anything with them...
Wed 12/07/06 at 10:15
Regular
A while ago we were asked to forward SPAM as an attachment to [email protected], I do this regularly but have noticed a big increase in spam cominf through these days, do freeola still scan our email before we get it? or has that stopped hence the increase in SPAM? and does forwarding these SPAM messages as an attachment really do any good? or am I wasteing both your time and mine.

Kind Regards
Kev

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.