GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The way SR Works"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 15/12/01 at 20:22
Regular
I know that I'll probably get a load of dis and be called a spammer for this, but after a few weeks on the forums, I think I have sussed the way SR works.

For reviews, whats wanted is fairly long, intellectual reviews which praise a game in a catchy way, but also give personal opinions etc. I know some of this is stated in the rules, but the extra stuff is important.

In the forums, intellectual topics usually only get a few replies before fading, whereas spam gets in the midst of 50 replies before someone is banned. Arguments spawn a massive reply rate, and things which are interesting and that people can relate to also last a long time (worst thing you have done at school being one of them). For GAD attempts, usually something new but intellectual is wanted that is long and something which people will read. For long posts (I have a dream), I read them but don't reply. So, absolute rubbish gets a reply, and stuff that is interesting doesn't.
Through saying this I don't mean to say the people aren't intellectual. What I mean to say is that the users should talk more about something which everyone can benefit from, rather than 'go away you spammer' as is seen far too often.

This will probably be seen as spam too, but I just wanted to make my thoughts and assumptions known. And it isn't intended to offend the intellects of any of you in any way.
Sun 16/12/01 at 09:53
Regular
I did a topic like this once, it was sbout 3 months ago i called it:
'The forum has been classified'.
But when i won my GAD for my review the grammer was rubbish. I was reading it through last night!
Sat 15/12/01 at 21:52
Regular
"Is'not Dave... sorr"
My Gameaday winning post was only replied to by 3 people before it won!

Can't have been of that much interest to people, but still won.
Sat 15/12/01 at 20:53
Regular
u sayin im fick?
Sat 15/12/01 at 20:35
"period drama"
Joe_Poly wrote:
> FFF you seem to be in a bad mood tonight

yes, i have to finish my courseowrk. Now y'see why I'm annoyed.

GRRRRRRRR!!!!!

dorrrrrris
Sat 15/12/01 at 20:35
Regular
Sigh... Not again.
Sat 15/12/01 at 20:34
Regular
I have a theory that all the Notables are in fact the same person.
Sat 15/12/01 at 20:33
Doris with 1 r.......... Get it right mate! :-)
Sat 15/12/01 at 20:32
Regular
FFF you seem to be in a bad mood tonight
Sat 15/12/01 at 20:31
"period drama"
shut up dorris.

SR doesn't work.
it's all the Notables, they're the ones!
Sat 15/12/01 at 20:29
YOU SPAMMER! ;-)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.