GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The pain of gaming"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 15/12/01 at 18:07
Regular
Lets face it.....sometimes playing games can be more than stressful.
1. When you're playing a game, you're doing really well, and then some stupid idiot comes a long a spoils it for you by killing you (in the game) or destroys a key item.
2. Again, you're doing really well, but you just can't get past a certain bit and you start shouting and hitting yourself.
3. When a game can just be too hard, you never see the light of day again.
4. When you're playing a button bashing game (hrrmmm...Mario Party comes to mind) you're finger starts to crack and bleed, making it seriously painfall (not a rare occurance for me).
5. When a friend beats at a game (probably the worst)
Does this mean gaming could scar you for life, or maybe it just scars you damaged console.
Sun 16/12/01 at 14:17
Regular
Yeah...I had of my friends round yesterday. He just kept getting killed in Perfect Dark. Every time he died, he kept hitting his head really hard. Dunno why, stupid really.
Sun 16/12/01 at 13:43
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
auf deutsch wrote:

2. Again, you're doing really well, but you just can't get past a certain
> bit and you start shouting and hitting yourself.

Hitting yourself?

GAH! Never even heard about it. Hitting yourself pah. I just normally shout, throw the control down, or turn the power on and off really quickly for some reason..
Sun 16/12/01 at 13:11
Regular
I know what you mean....cut scenes are good...but they get too long, just like in No One Lives Forvever.
Sun 16/12/01 at 12:41
Regular
"Evil Ryu"
Solid_Rowlett wrote:
> Tony Hawk really tore my fingers up and Silent Hill made me break a controller.

Tell me about it dude...The Bouncer had such long cut-scenes that it kept me itching to smash my PS2 into little pieces.
Sun 16/12/01 at 05:20
Tony Hawk really tore my fingers up and Silent Hill made me break a controller.
Sat 15/12/01 at 22:32
Regular
Shadow Demon wrote:
> Regarding The pain of gaming, well...my fingers hurt a lot.
Why? Well that's
> because I have been playing Devil May Cry all evening. Just the simple combos of
> swords and ammo can be fustrating. Not boring, don't get me wrong. It's merely
> because I try so hard to make the best looking manoeuvre look so good, that I
> had so much trouble whilst performing them. At the end, I finally got the hang
> of it, and as for The pain of gaming...IT HURTS!

I know what you mean !
Sat 15/12/01 at 21:23
Regular
The N64 controller used to give me a really sore thumb !
Sat 15/12/01 at 21:12
Regular
Quake eye...gah
Sat 15/12/01 at 21:06
Regular
"Evil Ryu"
Regarding The pain of gaming, well...my fingers hurt a lot.
Why? Well that's because I have been playing Devil May Cry all evening. Just the simple combos of swords and ammo can be fustrating. Not boring, don't get me wrong. It's merely because I try so hard to make the best looking manoeuvre look so good, that I had so much trouble whilst performing them. At the end, I finally got the hang of it, and as for The pain of gaming...IT HURTS!
Sat 15/12/01 at 20:59
Regular
"Being Ignorant"
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> *yawn*

this is old stuff, seen it all before.

think of something new,
> would ya?

*yyyaaawwwwwnnnn*

ha ha ha ha ha ha ;)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.