GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"If mice ruled the world"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 21/03/03 at 19:35
Regular
Have you ever through of what the world would be like if instead of Human beings been the dominate species of the planet, mice owned the world instead.
Would everyday things such as cars or trains have ever been invented? Mice might not have some of the needs that a Human do but some needs are shared between both creatures with such needs such as feeding an ever increasing population and getting the right environment to raise their offspring.
What about the natural predators? Well if mice were to become the dominant race wouldn’t they engineer a way to control their foes? Indeed just like the earlier humans had to battle sabre tooth cats, mammoths and hairy rhinos to survive the harsh conditions of the ice age, mice would have to use cunning, technology, strength of numbers and their own ability to adapt in order to shake of their foes, however with a much longer list of foes such as owls, cats, foxes, hawks and snakes but to name a few compared to humans, mice properly wouldn’t even have had the opportunity to start the large step of evolution to evolve into a more commanding race.
Another factor that goes against mice is their size. With a much smaller body size compared to a human they would need a lot more effort in their approach to life with more tasks been performed as team work and a much more efficient style of work would need to be implemented to control and encourage growth in their society, without these disciplines in place they will just carry on foraging as normal looking over their shoulders constantly in case there is a cat or other predator around.
So could mice or rats ever rule the world? Maybe who knows, with the history of the planet plagued with many mass extinctions Humans may become just another species that was wiped out by a geological event but whatever happens in the future life will carry on and a new creature my one day immerge from the shadows and conquer the world. Who knows it maybe our rodent friends that do.
Fri 21/03/03 at 19:35
"For the horde!!!!"
Have you ever through of what the world would be like if instead of Human beings been the dominate species of the planet, mice owned the world instead.
Would everyday things such as cars or trains have ever been invented? Mice might not have some of the needs that a Human do but some needs are shared between both creatures with such needs such as feeding an ever increasing population and getting the right environment to raise their offspring.
What about the natural predators? Well if mice were to become the dominant race wouldn’t they engineer a way to control their foes? Indeed just like the earlier humans had to battle sabre tooth cats, mammoths and hairy rhinos to survive the harsh conditions of the ice age, mice would have to use cunning, technology, strength of numbers and their own ability to adapt in order to shake of their foes, however with a much longer list of foes such as owls, cats, foxes, hawks and snakes but to name a few compared to humans, mice properly wouldn’t even have had the opportunity to start the large step of evolution to evolve into a more commanding race.
Another factor that goes against mice is their size. With a much smaller body size compared to a human they would need a lot more effort in their approach to life with more tasks been performed as team work and a much more efficient style of work would need to be implemented to control and encourage growth in their society, without these disciplines in place they will just carry on foraging as normal looking over their shoulders constantly in case there is a cat or other predator around.
So could mice or rats ever rule the world? Maybe who knows, with the history of the planet plagued with many mass extinctions Humans may become just another species that was wiped out by a geological event but whatever happens in the future life will carry on and a new creature my one day immerge from the shadows and conquer the world. Who knows it maybe our rodent friends that do.
Fri 21/03/03 at 19:41
Regular
well, at least somebody has broardened their horizons!

(^^.)ooh! Mice!

(^.^)What if hamters ruled the world?

(^x^)I'll shut up now!
Fri 21/03/03 at 19:42
Regular
"bing bang bong"
Next time you have a thought like this, do us a favour and show Nurse instead :O(
Fri 21/03/03 at 19:43
Regular
Mice are the dominant species. Three white ones bought the planet off a planet maker named Slartibartfast.
Fri 21/03/03 at 19:48
Regular
indeed...

^~^ hmmm...

OK we believe you...right?
Fri 21/03/03 at 19:53
Regular
"bit of a brain"
I owned a mice.
Do I own the world?
Fri 21/03/03 at 20:19
Regular
gerrid wrote:
> I owned a mice.
> Do I own the world?

If you owned a sims game then you might sort of, lol!
Mon 24/03/03 at 09:42
"For the horde!!!!"
gerrid wrote:
> I owned a mice.
> Do I own the world?

no but he might own you
Mon 24/03/03 at 11:46
Regular
"Not your monkey"
tekken.liz wrote:
> (^.^)What if hamters ruled the world?

The day WILL come ;-)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.