GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"girls can play games"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 15/12/01 at 12:58
Regular
im not a girl but i think girls get unfair treatment when it comes to playing games of course they interests may occasionally lay else where (like make up or staying fit)but my best mate is a girl and im writing this on behalf of her she is the best girl gamer i have ever had the fortune to witness (dont want to get beat to often)she can kick my butt at any game we play except timesplitters and air blade
(luckily i can get a 70 move strong combo on the second level) and i think they just get the bad end of the gaming world i think they should get a bit more consideration when it comes to game developers or magazines.
Sat 15/12/01 at 12:58
im not a girl but i think girls get unfair treatment when it comes to playing games of course they interests may occasionally lay else where (like make up or staying fit)but my best mate is a girl and im writing this on behalf of her she is the best girl gamer i have ever had the fortune to witness (dont want to get beat to often)she can kick my butt at any game we play except timesplitters and air blade
(luckily i can get a 70 move strong combo on the second level) and i think they just get the bad end of the gaming world i think they should get a bit more consideration when it comes to game developers or magazines.
Sat 15/12/01 at 13:03
","
Sat 15/12/01 at 13:43
Regular
My brother's girlfriend is seriously bad at games, but the other day, to my total amazement, she somehow managed to complete Arcade Mode on Virtua Tennis with the difficulty level on VERY HARD. Believe me when I say, this takes some doing.
Sat 15/12/01 at 22:04
Regular
"Is'not Dave... sorr"
But, from a business point of view the market is predominately male. Sure, there are plenty of women players and there's nothing wrong for women to play games, but from a publishers point of view they want to make the maximum profits and that means aiming at the largest group.

That being us males.

Maybe not fair, but their in this to make money, and that's the way games are made, with a view of making maximum profits.
Sat 15/12/01 at 22:08
Regular
Girls bought loadz and loadz of Game Boy Advances!
They wanted Game girls...honestly !
Sat 15/12/01 at 22:37
Regular
i am really good at barbie race n ride!
Sat 15/12/01 at 22:43
Regular
"May Contain Nuts"
I know of at least five girl gamers. And they are all good. Yeah they aint all great, but three of them can give a just as strong if not stronger chalange than most of my male friends. Plus it also gives you something else to look at in-between playing :D
Sat 15/12/01 at 23:03
Regular
"Jags is teh l33t"
Mystique wrote:
> i am really good at barbie race n ride!

LOL

Myst rules
Sat 15/12/01 at 23:06
Regular
Girls certainly can play games, they just tend to not be Computer games.
Sat 15/12/01 at 23:07
Regular
Lord Semajal wrote:
> Mystique wrote:
> i am really good at barbie race n ride!

LOL

Myst
> rules

HA HA there's no need to get a boner Semajal.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.