GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Blink 182"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 15/12/01 at 12:43
Regular
I don't know what you all think of Blink 182 (and all opinions are welcome), but I think that they are a very good band. Now, I dare say that hey are any Radiohead or Guns N Roses, but I think they should recieve more acclaim than they do. Granted, I'd rather listen to hard rock than punk rock, but this still manages to please me.

Blink 182 formed in 1993 (under the name Blink), with Tom Delonge (guitar/vocals), Mark Hoppus (Bass) and Scott Raynor (drums). Scott had to leave the band to persue other affairs and so he was replaced with Travis, the current drummer. A lot of Blink 182's songs have been inspired by their parents and their friends. For example, "Adam's Song" was a true story about a friend who committed suicide.

Their first album was released in 1994, called "Buddah". The track list is as follows.

1. Carousel
2. TV
3. Strings
4. Fentoozler
5. Time
6. Romeo and Rebecca
7. 21 Days
8. Sometimes
9. Point of View
10. My Pet Sally
11. Reebok Commercial
12. Toast and Bananas
13. Girl Next Door
14. Don't

Buddah was pretty poor in terms of actual audio quality, but was acclaimed by many, with some great songs. Buddah was recorded in 3 nights, in which Mark was very ill a lot of the time. Originally intended to be a demo, Blink 182 show their early roots with this album.

The next year, they released "Cheshire Cat", their second (and improved) album.

1. Carousel
2. M+M's
3. Fentoozler
4. Touchdown Boy
5. Strings
6. Peggy Sue
7. Sometimes
8. Does My Breath Smell?
9. Cacophony
10. TV
11. Toast and Bananas
12. Wasting Time
13. Romeo and Rebecca
14. Ben Wah Balls
15. Just About Done
16. Depends

Cheshire Cat was an impressive album, but disappoiting to see tracks from Buddah on there. Overall, better than Buddah.

On June 17th 1997, Mark, Tom and Travis released their third album, "Dude Ranch".

1. Pathetic
2. Voyeur
3. Dammit
4. Boring
5. Click Lips
6. Waggy
7. Enthused
8. -
9. Apple Shampoo
10. Emo
11. Josie
12. New Hope
13. Degenerate
14. Lemmings
15. I'm Sorry

Dude Ranch is improving the "tried and tested" formula that Blink 182 keep using. This is an even better improvement on Cheshire Cat.

"Enema Of The State" is the fourth album chruned out by Blink 182. Frankly, I never expected them to release more than three albums. This album was released on June 1st 1999.

1. Dumpweed
2. Don't Leave Me
3. Aliens Exist
4. Going Away to College
5. What's My Age Again?
6. Dysentery Gary
7. Adam's Song
8. All the Small Things -- blink-182
9. Party Song
10. Mutt
11. Wendy Clear
12. Anthem

This album was a disappointment. With only 12 tracks, it was quite short and Blink 182 failed to deliver this time.

A "live" CD of Blink 182 was released in 2000, called "The Mark, Tom and Travis Show". Kerrang! Magazine criticised it for it's quality, but a live performance is never up to par.

1. Dumpweed
2. Don't Leave Me
3. Aliens Exist
4. Family Reunion
5. Going Away To College
6. What's My Age Again?
7. Rich Lips
8. Blew Job
9. -
10. Voyeur
11. Pathetic
12. Adam's Song
13. Peggy Sue
14. Wendy Clear
15. Carousel
16. All The Small Things
17. Mutt
18. The Country Song
19. Dammit
20. Man Overboard

This CD has an insatiable number of hidden tracks, and I mean a lot! There are some funny hidden parts in the songs, where Tom changes his voice to sound like the Devil. This is a decent compilation album and worth purchasing for the hardcore Blink fan.

Earlier this year, Blink 182 released "Take Off Your Pants And Jacket", which is the most recognised album of all 5, as it was the most commercial of the 5.

1. Anthem, Pt. 2
2. Online Songs
3. First Date
4. Happy Holidays, You B@$tard
5. Story of a Lonely Guy
6. Rock Show
7. Stay Together for the Kids
8. Roller Coaster
9. Reckless Abandon
10. Everytime I Look for You
11. Give Me One Good Reason
12. Shut Up
13. Please Take Me Home
14. -
15. -

I have been a Blink 182 fan for a while, since Dude Ranch and found that with age, they have improved their style. For the best Blink 182 album, I recommend "Enema Of The State".
Sun 16/12/01 at 20:08
Regular
funk funk ship funk*

i cant believe i got that wrong!
Sun 16/12/01 at 20:07
Regular
Flyswatter is the name of their first album(demo) but it isnt on general release only a few very rare american copies are buzzing around

lets all say some dirty words!
everyone say funk!
everyone say ship!

everyone say,everyone say funk funk ship ship!
Sun 16/12/01 at 18:00
Regular
"allardini's tagline"
My mate sez thatblink's first album was called flyswatter
Sun 16/12/01 at 17:55
Regular
"allardini's tagline"
My mate is CRAZY about blink, and claims that he knows everything about them. But i will now prove him wrong.

MWAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!
Sun 16/12/01 at 11:13
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
> Sibs wrote:
blah, blah, (Read my post below if you don't know what I actually said)

Monkey_With_Attitude wrote:
*clap clap clap* yes, he took
> the words right from my mouth :-)

Thank you, thank you. I will be signing autographs in the Nintendo forum from 5pm today.

;-)
Sat 15/12/01 at 22:27
"Uzi Lover"
How can you say 'Enema Of The State' was bad?

It was their best one and I could actually listen to one or two tracks off of it, which is saying alot.
Sat 15/12/01 at 22:25
"Uzi Lover"
'Does My Breath Smell?'

What kind of a song title is that???!??????????
Sat 15/12/01 at 22:24
"Uzi Lover"
Sibs wrote:
> sorry to say that I don't like all this new pop punk stuff. Sum41, Blink, etc.
> can all eat their hearts out, thos stuff has been done so much before! And so
> much better!

GreenDay are one of the ultimate pop-punk bands, and are in a
> whole other league than blink and sum41, which thrive off basically throw-away
> songs. Greenday have intelligently written songs, and are excellent musicians!
> Descendents are another awesome pop-punk band, who had a very hard edge to them.
> In my opinion it has been done before a hundred times better!

*clap clap clap* yes, he took the words right from my mouth :-)
Sat 15/12/01 at 22:12
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
sorry to say that I don't like all this new pop punk stuff. Sum41, Blink, etc. can all eat their hearts out, thos stuff has been done so much before! And so much better!

GreenDay are one of the ultimate pop-punk bands, and are in a whole other league than blink and sum41, which thrive off basically throw-away songs. Greenday have intelligently written songs, and are excellent musicians! Descendents are another awesome pop-punk band, who had a very hard edge to them. In my opinion it has been done before a hundred times better!
Sat 15/12/01 at 20:40
"Uzi Lover"
No it was ARNOLD!

ARNOLD I TELL YOU!

ARNOLD!!!!!!!!!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.