GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What is the most beautiful song ever?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 15/12/01 at 10:44
Regular
Have you ever heard a song that is inspiringly beautiful?

If you have then what is it because I am in need of beautiful music..

Doesn't matter who it's by or where it's from, it can be pop, rock, punk, anything at all, just so long as you found it beautiful.
Sat 15/12/01 at 10:44
Regular
"funky blitzkreig"
Have you ever heard a song that is inspiringly beautiful?

If you have then what is it because I am in need of beautiful music..

Doesn't matter who it's by or where it's from, it can be pop, rock, punk, anything at all, just so long as you found it beautiful.
Sat 15/12/01 at 10:51
Regular
"Wasting away"
In my opinion, music from films is the most beautiful around because of how it is put across to us. Unlike music, you are seeing no images and the images often reflect emotion. You will find moments in films when the music plays on top of something else to show you more of an effect of that scene. Sometimes funny, at other times distressing.

If you look at things like One Night At McCools, that was used in a rather humerous way whilst things like Thirteen Days, Save the Last Dance, The Leggend of Bagger VAnce, Casion etc. all have a power and memorable effect from it.

Hate to turn the topic around, but you'll probably find that most soundtracks are actually the best at the end. Not sure why it is but when watching a great film, you're sometimes left speechless and unable to move, so that last thing you want is some awful soundtrack playing whilst the credits are.

Sorry for not really talking about the topics but if you're on about beautiful songs then it would have to be love songs really as they have meaning unlike Heavy Metal which consists of screaming about anything that springs to mind.
Sat 15/12/01 at 11:08
Regular
"Sally On Weekdays!"
I am not a terribly big fan of Stereophonics, but "Handbags and Gladrags" just makes me think every time I listen to it. Here's the lyrics.

Handbags and Gladrags by Stereophonics

Ever seen a blind man
Cross the road
Try'na make the other side
Ever seen a young girl
Growing old
Try'na to make herself a bride
So what becomes of you
My love
When they have finally
Stripped you of
The handbags and the gladrags
That your poor old Granddad
Had to sweat to buy you
Once I was a young man
All I thought I had
To do was smile
You are still a young girl
And you bought
Everything in style
So once you think
You're in, you're out
'Cause you don't mean
A single thing without
Had to sweat to buy you

Sing a song of six-pence
For your sake
And take a bottle full of rye
Four and twenty blackbirds
In a cake
And bake them all in a pie
They told me
You missed school today
So what I suggest you
Just throw them all away
Had to sweat to buy you

They told me
You missed school today
So I suggest you
Just throw them all away
Had to sweat to buy you
Sat 15/12/01 at 12:15
Regular
"I am Bumf Ucked"
That is a cover of some old song my dad listens to.

Mike + The Mechanics, I think.
Sat 15/12/01 at 12:42
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Its a cover of a Rod Stewart song you complete prat...

No offence :)
Sat 15/12/01 at 12:45
Regular
By beatiful do you mean a good song or a good slow one? A releaxing one?

There's so many thing that a 'beatiful song' could mean.
Sat 15/12/01 at 12:47
"Uzi Lover"
MISTERHAPPY

What do you think of your New End Original album?
Sat 15/12/01 at 12:48
Regular
"Sally On Weekdays!"
SHEEPY wrote:
> Its a cover of a Rod Stewart song you complete prat...

No offence :)

Yes, I know. By the way, I'm not a prat. I was actually surprised for some reason that anyone said a piece of music from a film. John Barry is one of the best all-time composers of film music, composing almost all of the Bond theme, among hundreds of other film themes. He's a true patron to films.
Sat 15/12/01 at 12:54
Regular
He was on about Mouldy Cheese
Sat 15/12/01 at 12:57
Regular
"Sally On Weekdays!"
Joe_Poly wrote:
> He was on about Mouldy Cheese

Oh, and so he was. Rod Stewart did the original of Handbags and Gladrags, and I thought SHEEPY was calling me a prat because he thought I didn't know it was by Rod Stewart, but he was actually shouting at Mouldy Cheese, who said it was by Mike + The Mechanics. So, this is all a big misunderstanding on my part. Sorry!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.