GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Erh that's too easy, bring on the big guns."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 15/12/01 at 10:09
Regular
Don't you just hate it? you get a brand new game for Christmas or your birthday.
The game you have been waiting for months, you pop into your machine and hey presto you've completed it within an hour.

What a let down, what a waste of money even if it was a gift.

There should be some law about games that are to easy to complete because there are too many on the market and I'm not talking about games meant fot five year olds.

I like a challenge, not too hard a challenge but a game that will keep you coming back for more and more just to move onto the next stage.

Do you find this problem with games or is it just me?

I mean some games you get unlimited continues wheres the skill in that?

Can you name some games which you think are too easy?

Thanks for reading cheers Crusher.
Sat 15/12/01 at 10:09
Don't you just hate it? you get a brand new game for Christmas or your birthday.
The game you have been waiting for months, you pop into your machine and hey presto you've completed it within an hour.

What a let down, what a waste of money even if it was a gift.

There should be some law about games that are to easy to complete because there are too many on the market and I'm not talking about games meant fot five year olds.

I like a challenge, not too hard a challenge but a game that will keep you coming back for more and more just to move onto the next stage.

Do you find this problem with games or is it just me?

I mean some games you get unlimited continues wheres the skill in that?

Can you name some games which you think are too easy?

Thanks for reading cheers Crusher.
Sat 15/12/01 at 10:19
Regular
I think that there shouldn't be a law, because we all complete games at different speeds. The thing what annoys me is that when you get a game that sounds really good and its a type of game when you have to go around blowing stuff up, and it has a multiplayer option that is rubbish because it makes the graphics squashed. And the single player option is just too hard and is programmed by ameutures like Grudge Warriors (doubt you would of heard of it).

That really annoys me!

(Nice topic by the way)
Sat 15/12/01 at 10:26
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
That happened to me when I bought Perfect Dark.

Played through Agent, up to Air Force One on Special Agent and Area 51 - Infitration on Perfect Agent in two weeks, then, after another few plays on it, I was up to Pelegic II on Perfect Agent.
Sat 15/12/01 at 10:59
Twain wrote:
> That happened to me when I bought Perfect Dark.

Played through Agent, up to
> Air Force One on Special Agent and Area 51 - Infitration on Perfect Agent in two
> weeks, then, after another few plays on it, I was up to Pelegic II on Perfect
> Agent.
I must admit I actually found perfect dark fairly difficult although I have completed it.
The multiplayer games are great thou.
Sat 15/12/01 at 11:01
Quazimodo wrote:
> I think that there shouldn't be a law, because we all complete games at
> different speeds. The thing what annoys me is that when you get a game that
> sounds really good and its a type of game when you have to go around blowing
> stuff up, and it has a multiplayer option that is rubbish because it makes the
> graphics squashed. And the single player option is just too hard and is
> programmed by ameutures like Grudge Warriors (doubt you would of heard of
> it).

That really annoys me!

(Nice topic by the way)

Yes I agree sometime the multiplayer games are a little squased with jerky graphics and slowdown, its as if the multiplayer games are an afterthought and not actually part of the game.
Sat 15/12/01 at 11:03
Regular
"Sally On Weekdays!"
As I was just saying on another topic, Metal Gear Solid is a prime example of a short game. Length isn't everything, but if you can complete the game seriously in an hour, then this isn't the game for you. My sister completed Bob The Builder in 3 minutes, which shows how much effort, time and money went into that title.

On the contrary, I'm sure that millions of dollars went into the production of MGS 2, despite the fat that it can probably be completed in 5 or 6 hours. Remember, this opinion isn't really valid, as I haven't got the game.
Sat 15/12/01 at 11:06
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
Crusher wrote:
> Twain wrote:
> That happened to me when I bought Perfect Dark.

Played
> through Agent, up to
> Air Force One on Special Agent and Area 51 -
> Infitration on Perfect Agent in two
> weeks, then, after another few plays
> on it, I was up to Pelegic II on Perfect
> Agent.
I must admit I actually
> found perfect dark fairly difficult although I have completed it.
The
> multiplayer games are great thou.

Yeah, I know. What's your rank in the multiplayer?

I'm on: 9 - Dangerous
Sat 15/12/01 at 11:36
Twain wrote:

>
Yeah, I know. What's your rank in the multiplayer?

I'm on: 9 -
> Dangerous

I can't remember what rank I was because I sold My N64 about six months ago.
I don't think I was as high as you thou.

P.S Gamecube will rule.
Sat 15/12/01 at 11:39
Salevaa wrote:
> As I was just saying on another topic, Metal Gear Solid is a prime example of a
> short game. Length isn't everything, but if you can complete the game seriously
> in an hour, then this isn't the game for you. My sister completed Bob The
> Builder in 3 minutes, which shows how much effort, time and money went into that
> title.

On the contrary, I'm sure that millions of dollars went into the
> production of MGS 2, despite the fat that it can probably be completed in 5 or 6
> hours. Remember, this opinion isn't really valid, as I haven't got the game.

I don't mind completing a game fast as long as it has replay value, if you complete it in an hour and never play it again what a waste of money.
Sat 15/12/01 at 11:40
Regular
"Sally On Weekdays!"
Crusher wrote:
> Salevaa wrote:
> As I was just saying on another topic, Metal Gear Solid is
> a prime example of a
> short game. Length isn't everything, but if you can
> complete the game seriously
> in an hour, then this isn't the game for you.
> My sister completed Bob The
> Builder in 3 minutes, which shows how much
> effort, time and money went into that
> title.

On the contrary, I'm sure
> that millions of dollars went into the
> production of MGS 2, despite the
> fat that it can probably be completed in 5 or 6
> hours. Remember, this
> opinion isn't really valid, as I haven't got the game.

I don't mind
> completing a game fast as long as it has replay value, if you complete it in an
> hour and never play it again what a waste of money.

I'm not too big a fan of WWF, but they are a good example of replay value - you have to keep playing to unlock more and more characters. It's a good way of enticing you to play and I'm sure that our parents really appreciate it!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.