GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Erh that's too easy, bring on the big guns."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 15/12/01 at 10:09
Regular
Don't you just hate it? you get a brand new game for Christmas or your birthday.
The game you have been waiting for months, you pop into your machine and hey presto you've completed it within an hour.

What a let down, what a waste of money even if it was a gift.

There should be some law about games that are to easy to complete because there are too many on the market and I'm not talking about games meant fot five year olds.

I like a challenge, not too hard a challenge but a game that will keep you coming back for more and more just to move onto the next stage.

Do you find this problem with games or is it just me?

I mean some games you get unlimited continues wheres the skill in that?

Can you name some games which you think are too easy?

Thanks for reading cheers Crusher.
Sun 16/12/01 at 08:27
Joe_Poly wrote:
> WWF No Mercy is an ace 'pick up and play' game just like Mario Kart. You can
> play them on your own or with mates.

I can agree with you on Mario Kart especially the SNES version we used to play it for hours on end day after day.
Sat 15/12/01 at 19:49
Regular
WWF No Mercy is an ace 'pick up and play' game just like Mario Kart. You can play them on your own or with mates.
Sat 15/12/01 at 19:10
Salevaa wrote:
I'm not too big a fan of WWF,
> but they are a good example of replay value - you have to keep playing to unlock
> more and more characters. It's a good way of enticing you to play and I'm sure
> that our parents really appreciate it!

I like football games which also have alot of replay value because every game is different especially if you are playing against mates.

The only thing I don't like about footy games are the same sequals coming out year after year.
Sat 15/12/01 at 19:06
Asphalt wrote:
> i dont tend to get this problem, because things like zelda take a hell of a long
> time to complete. and so do stratgy games, which is one of my favorite genres.

I must admit if thats all the kinda games you play, then you will get value for money, there must be other games you play though?
Sat 15/12/01 at 11:50
Regular
"Digging!"
i dont tend to get this problem, because things like zelda take a hell of a long time to complete. and so do stratgy games, which is one of my favorite genres.
Sat 15/12/01 at 11:40
Regular
"Sally On Weekdays!"
Crusher wrote:
> Salevaa wrote:
> As I was just saying on another topic, Metal Gear Solid is
> a prime example of a
> short game. Length isn't everything, but if you can
> complete the game seriously
> in an hour, then this isn't the game for you.
> My sister completed Bob The
> Builder in 3 minutes, which shows how much
> effort, time and money went into that
> title.

On the contrary, I'm sure
> that millions of dollars went into the
> production of MGS 2, despite the
> fat that it can probably be completed in 5 or 6
> hours. Remember, this
> opinion isn't really valid, as I haven't got the game.

I don't mind
> completing a game fast as long as it has replay value, if you complete it in an
> hour and never play it again what a waste of money.

I'm not too big a fan of WWF, but they are a good example of replay value - you have to keep playing to unlock more and more characters. It's a good way of enticing you to play and I'm sure that our parents really appreciate it!
Sat 15/12/01 at 11:39
Salevaa wrote:
> As I was just saying on another topic, Metal Gear Solid is a prime example of a
> short game. Length isn't everything, but if you can complete the game seriously
> in an hour, then this isn't the game for you. My sister completed Bob The
> Builder in 3 minutes, which shows how much effort, time and money went into that
> title.

On the contrary, I'm sure that millions of dollars went into the
> production of MGS 2, despite the fat that it can probably be completed in 5 or 6
> hours. Remember, this opinion isn't really valid, as I haven't got the game.

I don't mind completing a game fast as long as it has replay value, if you complete it in an hour and never play it again what a waste of money.
Sat 15/12/01 at 11:36
Twain wrote:

>
Yeah, I know. What's your rank in the multiplayer?

I'm on: 9 -
> Dangerous

I can't remember what rank I was because I sold My N64 about six months ago.
I don't think I was as high as you thou.

P.S Gamecube will rule.
Sat 15/12/01 at 11:06
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
Crusher wrote:
> Twain wrote:
> That happened to me when I bought Perfect Dark.

Played
> through Agent, up to
> Air Force One on Special Agent and Area 51 -
> Infitration on Perfect Agent in two
> weeks, then, after another few plays
> on it, I was up to Pelegic II on Perfect
> Agent.
I must admit I actually
> found perfect dark fairly difficult although I have completed it.
The
> multiplayer games are great thou.

Yeah, I know. What's your rank in the multiplayer?

I'm on: 9 - Dangerous
Sat 15/12/01 at 11:03
Regular
"Sally On Weekdays!"
As I was just saying on another topic, Metal Gear Solid is a prime example of a short game. Length isn't everything, but if you can complete the game seriously in an hour, then this isn't the game for you. My sister completed Bob The Builder in 3 minutes, which shows how much effort, time and money went into that title.

On the contrary, I'm sure that millions of dollars went into the production of MGS 2, despite the fat that it can probably be completed in 5 or 6 hours. Remember, this opinion isn't really valid, as I haven't got the game.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.