GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Bugs and flaws in games."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 22/03/03 at 15:36
Regular
Ok, now this is a slagging off match. You've read the title line, what i'm getting at is should developers and programmers be hiring people to check their games?
First point: if they do hire someone else it comes out of our pockets in the end and none of us like that. Do we?
Second point: If they test it they know the cheats and the answers to all the puzzles and therefore it's too easy for them and they are less likely to find flaws.

Any of you unfortunate enough to play the totally naff Turok 2 will know that probably no one tested it. Too easy, no puzzles, boring and rubbish A.I. Ok, fair enough, you've just spent months making it but come on guys! We are the ones who have to fork out £40 for it!

Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance. Recalled on the gamecube because it doesn't work with a controller in port 2. WHAT?!?! Ok it's a direct port from the other consoles but you could still play the bloody game before you release it!

So be warned people, if you finish making the game give it to someone unbiased to test, then release it! Just a friendly warning.

I would like to know other people's opinions on the flaws in the games we pay £40 for!
Sat 22/03/03 at 15:36
Regular
"The only true Eagle"
Ok, now this is a slagging off match. You've read the title line, what i'm getting at is should developers and programmers be hiring people to check their games?
First point: if they do hire someone else it comes out of our pockets in the end and none of us like that. Do we?
Second point: If they test it they know the cheats and the answers to all the puzzles and therefore it's too easy for them and they are less likely to find flaws.

Any of you unfortunate enough to play the totally naff Turok 2 will know that probably no one tested it. Too easy, no puzzles, boring and rubbish A.I. Ok, fair enough, you've just spent months making it but come on guys! We are the ones who have to fork out £40 for it!

Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance. Recalled on the gamecube because it doesn't work with a controller in port 2. WHAT?!?! Ok it's a direct port from the other consoles but you could still play the bloody game before you release it!

So be warned people, if you finish making the game give it to someone unbiased to test, then release it! Just a friendly warning.

I would like to know other people's opinions on the flaws in the games we pay £40 for!
Sat 22/03/03 at 15:38
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Ummmm...Most games go through extensive playtesting, its just that some producers use the feedback to a greater and lesser extent.
Sat 22/03/03 at 15:42
"slightlyshortertagl"
Play-testers are more important that you think
Sat 22/03/03 at 17:21
Regular
"The only true Eagle"
cookie monster wrote:
> Ummmm...Most games go through extensive playtesting, its just that
> some producers use the feedback to a greater and lesser extent.

ok, fair enough i'm actually know they do. maybe i meant that they should take more notice of feedback.
Sat 22/03/03 at 17:40
Regular
"Sure.Fine.Whatever."
I remember in Formula 1 2001 on PS2 the commentators refused to say the name of driver Mazzacane. Quite funny the first couple of times it happened, then it just got annoying.
Sat 22/03/03 at 17:49
Regular
"asdfjkl;"
Games most certainly should not have bugs, only very minor ones if they most certainly have to. Ones which contain significant bugs, are as good as unfinished games, they should not have been put on the shelves until they are resolved. £40 is a lot of money, that could buy a lot of other things which I can't be bothered to mention(there are a lot).

On the other hand though, flaws. Flaws are practically unavoidable in games, of course until 'the perfect game' is released, around about never.
Sat 22/03/03 at 18:21
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
I have ATV Quad Power 2 and I've passed this one challenge several times but it flat out won't let me to the next stage. But it's a promo copy so I'll let them off.
Sat 22/03/03 at 18:55
Regular
Turok 2 too easy - are you've got the right game there mate?

Turok 2 was one of the most stupidly hard games i've ever played, the save point being so sparse didn't really help it.
Sat 22/03/03 at 19:09
Regular
"Sure.Fine.Whatever."
I think Urban Chaos is probably one of the most flawed games I've ever played on PS1. I kept disappearing through the floor and so did the A.I. I walked through so many cars and stuff that I lost count.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.